Atmosphere today - The band

Guest rubydubydoo

Lets hope that with a few more decent players and a new scoreboard mixed up with flair ,hope and ambition next season we can generate a better atmosphere

Lets be honest there's been precious little to get us going

I remember back in the 90s Hillsborough rocked and it will so so again

Guest swintonowl1999

Sorry read it wrong mate... Erghh don't know tbf. anyway

Sack the band an embarrassment to Wednesdat when they play at Wembley

Its been poor for ages at home.

Its a reflection of the mediocre league position and the fact at home the season we have been disappointing, poor or just predictable.

Atmosphere is always there if we have something to play for, whether that's bottom 3 or top 6.

I don't expect a crowd of more than 20K vs Charlton, 18K vs Brentford or 23K vs L**ds for that matter.

Be lucky to see three goals and a total of 3 points from those games IMO.

Lets see if Chansiri can lift the mood in the summer.

Took my old man to his second Wednesday game today (first being Rotherham).

He said that the atmosphere today was about what you'd expect to see up at Histon, and I had to agree with him.

For those that don't know, Histon's average gate when we last there was 400. Make of that what you will, but anyone suggesting that today's atmosphere was anything other than dire is kidding themselves

I've seen Wednesday play against Histon at Histon. Friendly match as a result of signing lance key in the 90s.

There was a bloke snowey who played for them who swore Phil King was the greatest footballer to walk the planet. Having been skinned all day by snowey on numerous occasions as a teenager, I started to realise that I should probably think about a career outside football.

Grew up in duxford, if you're from the area.

I've seen Wednesday play against Histon at Histon. Friendly match as a result of signing lance key in the 90s.

There was a bloke snowey who played for them who swore Phil King was the greatest footballer to walk the planet. Having been skinned all day by snowey on numerous occasions as a teenager, I started to realise that I should probably think about a career outside football.

Grew up in duxford, if you're from the area.

I'm actually from Histon but coincidentally I'm going down next week to see my grandma and friends: I'm going to Duxford on Friday to gawp at the planes and went out with a lass from there and all so I know the area!

Lance came back to Histon at the end of his career and became goalkeeping coach for a time and all- always up for a chat and a top bloke. Was he actually any good for the Owls?  :duntmatter:

(Apologies for Cambridgeshire based discussions  :blush: )

Guest thetruthisoutthere

We were not out sung at all it was dogs fruit baskets from both sides end of thread

I'm actually from Histon but coincidentally I'm going down next week to see my grandma and friends: I'm going to Duxford on Friday to gawp at the planes and went out with a lass from there and all so I know the area!

Lance came back to Histon at the end of his career and became goalkeeping coach for a time and all- always up for a chat and a top bloke. Was he actually any good for the Owls? :duntmatter:

(Apologies for Cambridgeshire based discussions :blush: )

he was a lovely bloke, but I can't remember him playing for the first team to be honest. Then again, he had woods and pressman ahead of him so there's no shame in that.

Give my regards to Duxford!

As much as I'm not a fan of the band the atmosphere without them is worse, could laugh at the folk slagging them off then sit in silence when they don't turn up.

I voted no to the band in a recent poll as well but people just dont create any atmosphere when they're not around it's a fact.

I voted no to the band in a recent poll as well but people just don't create any atmosphere when they're not around it's a fact.

Other clubs seem to manage perfectly well in terms of creating an atmosphere , without a 'band' to compete with.

It might take time,  after all the fans have been used to the cacophony of noise ( I hesitate to use the term 'music' ) drowning them out for so long it'll seem strange without them for a while , but things will improve - particularly once home performances on the pitch begin to improve as well.

Not having the outmoded  band ... would be a big step forward as people strive to bring the club up to date.

As much as I'm not a fan of the band the atmosphere without them is worse, could laugh at the folk slagging them off then sit in silence when they don't turn up.

I voted no to the band in a recent poll as well but people just dont create any atmosphere when they're not around it's a fact.

This about sums it up for me 

The atmosphere at Hillsborough is very poor ,when the band's not there.People on here rubbish them why at the match yesterday .very poor we need the band to give the fans a something to get the team going.Instead off all the glum faces around.So all I can say is Keep the faith.

If the band aren't going to bother turning up then maybe the club should listen to the fans suggestions of trialling just a drum.

Maybe someone who will turn up every game can take over from the part timers.

The Bu§ song would have really taken off yesterday with just a drum.

Guest totemowl

Managed pretty well between 2005 and 2010, in dire times. The atmosphere will return.

Hopefully new season, new start.

Edited by totemowl