Atmosphere today - The band

Guest totemowl

Atmosphere today - the goals!

Don't blame the fans for not getting their chants back in the first game after 4 years of that racket.

Edited by totemowl

Interesting, had a Geordie behind me today who commented on the atmosphere. Said at Newcastle they get the crowd whipped up with stuff before the game. This then carries into the game. Must admit, it is pretty dire in the ground for the hour before the match which can't help with getting the fans going for kick off.

Mainly nothing to play for.

Dire home performances for most of the season.

3 home wins out of 20 is it?

Very few chances created in any game.

I think these might have something to do with it. Supply good attacking football and a chance of the top 6 and the atmosphere will take care of itself.

To be honest everything about Hillsborough this season has been tinpot.

Atmosphere

Form

Goals

Half time entertainment

The lot,

Proper cringeworthy sometimes

......f*‡king drama queen! It was no where near that bad!

Interesting, had a Geordie behind me today who commented on the atmosphere. Said at Newcastle they get the crowd whipped up with stuff before the game. This then carries into the game. Must admit, it is pretty dire in the ground for the hour before the match which can't help with getting the fans going for kick off.

I have said for a long time that the job of the stadium announcer before the match is to get the fans going. I remember when we played away at Newcastle even in the pubs they had someone getting the fans up for it. At the very least play Wednesday songs and lower the volume when fans join in so don't get drowned out. Same should be said for half time, even the half time 'game' is boring, Kicking balls into a bin?! Doesn't get the crowd excited and in the mood.

Well that number is the problem , s6 is never going to be bouncing when 20,000 people attend a stadium that was originally designed for in excess of 40,000. how you solve it ? well there's lots of ways but to start the price of 'cheap seat' football has got to come down, corporate entertainment can look after itself but for atmosphere you need young adults late , teens and twenties in quantity , shouting and chanting, you also need a large volume of opposition fans to create the atmosphere this means th cost of away cheap seat football needs also to come down and away fans and being an away football fan must be easy nd hassle free.. The best atmosphere I have witnessed in football grounds has a confrontational partisan (not violent ) edge that is what imo we need to get back too

......f*‡king drama queen! It was no where near that bad!

Seriously?

It was shocking. The atmosphere on the kop was non existent. That was the worst its been in long time, absolutely dreadful and nothing like a football match should be like, regardless of how we were playing.

Half time is boring. Kicking a ball into bin ffs. There is no per match build up or entertainment, nothing to get the crowd going. Running out second half to 2unlimited hardly inspires the crowd.

Seriously cannot wait for this season to be over. Hillsborough is duller than dull

Took my old man to his second Wednesday game today (first being Rotherham). 

He said that the atmosphere today was about what you'd expect to see up at Histon, and I had to agree with him.

For those that don't know, Histon's average gate when we last there was 400. Make of that what you will, but anyone suggesting that today's atmosphere was anything other than dire is kidding themselves