The Jinx: The life and deaths of Robert Durst

DeeJayOne

Not as good as MaM though.

They are both excellent. It is worth watching them as comparative pieces too to see the way the narrative is manipulated and the stylistic differences between the two series.

For me, Making a Murderer was documentary people making a film whilst The Jinx was filmmakers making a documentary. 

They are both excellent. It is worth watching them as comparative pieces too to see the way the narrative is manipulated and the stylistic differences between the two series.

For me, Making a Murderer was documentary people making a film whilst The Jinx was filmmakers making a documentary. 

yeah I agree with all of that. anyone who liked MaM should watch this too. 

MaM just hooks you in from the start and leaves you needing to see the next episode straight away more then this. it also has you screaming at the TV more too

The rawness of the filming and production for MaM kind of helped compliment the rawness of the people in it, the Avery's are the simplest of folk trying to scratch out a living, hard working people living hard lives (and making plenty of mistakes along the way).

I'm up to episode five of this now. If I had watched this without reading any hype about how brilliant it is I think I would be enjoying it much more for some weird reason. Now I'm not saying it's rubbish, far from it in fact. I'd say it's really good with a fascinating story. I just feel as though I was expecting to be so gripped on this that I'd need to watch all six in one sitting. I suppose it's because it's more of a story telling style of documentary that doesn't leave each episode on such a cliff hanger like MaM did that I've not felt the need to binge watch.

Episode one and five are both utterly compelling though.

Just finished this . Really enjoyed the last two episodes especially

There's no doubt he is a narcissist and has some sort of sociopathic personality disorder

He's definitely not as clever as he thinks he is though.  His twitch when he lies is a massive give away.

By coincidence I looked when his case was and it was supposed to be tomorrow...been moved to Feb though.

Edited by Kate

8 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Started this tonight. 

If you need better quality versions of any episodes let me know, there's no decent quality version of the final part online that I'm aware of but I have a decent one on my google drive.