Will Keane/James Wilson

Was reading earlier that James Wilson wants out at Old Trafford in pursuit of first team football. Not suggesting that we have any hope of signing him, but it made me wonder it probably makes them less inclined to release Will Keane at the end of the season.

If we were to sign Keane, it would no doubt strengthen our strike force, but would it really make us promotion contenders? Lets say we signed Mcgugan and a tricky winger close season.

From what I've seen of Wilson he reminds me of Lavery way too much for me to think he'd be a useful addition.

Don't want to sign a striker for the sake of having another striker.

We are crying out for someone with pace up top. Devante Cole is who I'd be looking at, on a season long loan.

Guest wilyfox

I don't think either of them would fire us to promotion. Both lack game time. They're probably a couple of years away from being very useful.

From what I've seen of Wilson he reminds me of Lavery way too much for me to think he'd be a useful addition.

We are crying out for someone with pace up top. Devante Cole is who I'd be looking at, on a season long loan.

To get us to the prem? lol

You wouldn't want Wilson, who has been in and around man uniteds 18 man squad even with the likes of rooney, Van persie and falcao there. But you'd want devante Cole, who hasn't pulled up any trees at Barnsley in the division below? I bloody despair

Guest Ash76

You wouldn't want Wilson, who has been in and around man uniteds 18 man squad even with the likes of rooney, Van persie and falcao there. But you'd want devante Cole, who hasn't pulled up any trees at Barnsley in the division below? I bloody despair

Obviously not seen Wilson play, gunna be one hell of a player

Please remember that promotion is not the aim next season. We need to challenge. DC wants PL football 2017. As long as we end up there or there abouts next season PL as long as we are looking like kicking off the 17/18 season in the PL he will be happy. Therefore this gives Gray or whoever a season to build a side that can compete and possibly add to it season after.

For some of you to say no to a young hungry striker that kept Falcao out the side is beyond me

You don't understand words, do you?

Wilson is a good player.

But it's all about the right player for the team & not buying players...just to have another one to add to the collection.

Him and Lavery are the same sort of striker. To solve the goal scoring problem we need different sorts of strikers.

The one thing we lack is pace. Cole has done well in his first season of professional football & I would be very interested in seeing what he could do in amongst a better team in a higher division. In an ideal world we'd have re-signed Benik Afobe when we were in pole position...

It's not that I'm turning my nose up at Wilson. I just don't think he's the sort of striker we should be looking for....not initially anyway.

In any case, it looks like LVG is loaning him to Derby for the remainder of the season. My opinion may change on him when I see him play for them. I could be wrong and I'm fine to admit it if I'm wrong.

I just think we're onto a good thing with Lavery and don't want to hinder his progress...basically.

We'd have to join a long queue for Wilson and I suspect keane would be one of those will he/won't he sagas we all love whilst he decides whether he wants to give up on Man U.

Depending on other options Id prefer to make sure we get someone in as early as possible

Wilson is a good player.

But it's all about the right player for the team & not buying players...just to have another one to add to the collection.

Him and Lavery are the same sort of striker. To solve the goal scoring problem we need different sorts of strikers.

The one thing we lack is pace. Cole has done well in his first season of professional football & I would be very interested in seeing what he could do in amongst a better team in a higher division. In an ideal world we'd have re-signed Benik Afobe when we were in pole position...

It's not that I'm turning my nose up at Wilson. I just don't think he's the sort of striker we should be looking for....not initially anyway.

In any case, it looks like LVG is loaning him to Derby for the remainder of the season. My opinion may change on him when I see him play for them. I could be wrong and I'm fine to admit it if I'm wrong.

I just think we're onto a good thing with Lavery and don't want to hinder his progress...basically.

Time will tell with Lavery, but I just can't help that people are really hopeful just because he is the first decent striker to come through our development system for some time.

Wilson is a good player.

Wilson has pace in abundance. I love lavery and agree he could have a bright future but if it's a throw up between him and Wilson it's Wilson. Not the sort of striker we should be looking for? If we are serious about progressing probably 15 of our 18 man matchday squad needs replacing and a striker is near the top of that list

Wilson is a good player.

But it's all about the right player for the team & not buying players.. In an ideal world we'd have re-signed Benik Afobe when we were in pole position...

Afobe wouldnt have flourished straight away in the champ. He needed to go to L1 and play in a side that suited him and built his confidence. Im not sure Wilson would do that well with champ players around him. We need some far better players

Wilson will go to another Prem team, no danger.

^This^.

Agent: James, I got you a £20k per week deal with a Championship team or a £50k per week deal with a Premier outfit, and then there's my cut. Which offer do you prefer?

James: Aw shucks! it's like, y'know, soooooooooo hard to split the offers, so ill flip a coin and consult my lucky heather app.

Agent: Good plan James that's my boy.........