Mcgugan

Guest Daniel Walker

We won't get our own way on this. We have put McGugan in the shop window, and i'd be very surprised if Premiership teams arn't having a look.

I think he is the wrong age.   

He is the right player at the right time for us, and yes he can make a Premiership player but I don't think he's on any clubs radar.   He is the kind of player Villa would go for, and they are not really making plans right now for possible recruitment.   The other clubs like Stoke, well he doesn't match their kind of player.

We won't get our own way on this. We have put McGugan in the shop window, and i'd be very surprised if Premiership teams arn't having a look.

It was worrying that we could not clinch his signature in January. I hope it was not a case of Aldridge trying to be smart and save a few quid! We should have done it with a view to a permanent deal in the summer, now anybody can come in unless we do the business with Watford quickly,

He is the best central midfielder we have had since John Sheridan and we should be building a promotion team around him. He is pure quality and a joy to watch in some very average team performances at Hillsborough.

I hope SG is making a really strong case to our new boss. get it done Wednesday!!!

I like McGugan but it seems to be so parallel with the Antonio deal.

So we will sign him late in the summer for an inflated fee because of the pressure from us and then people will turn their back and say looks like forest and Watford fans are right after all.

Guest wilyfox

I like McGugan but it seems to be so parallel with the Antonio deal.

So we will sign him late in the summer for an inflated fee because of the pressure from us and then people will turn their back and say looks like forest and Watford fans are right after all.

Erm, we needn't use the Mandaric protocol anymore.

The Forest fans I know think McGugan's a bit of a luxury player who drifts in and out of games. They tend to like him, but don't see him as a massive loss. Maybe he's matured since he was at Forest though, as he's certainly taken games by the scruff of the neck once he's returned to full fitness and he's not the type of player to let games pass him by at all.

He's exactly the type of player we've been missing for YEARS and if he's open to a permanent move then we really need to pull out all the stops to sign him this summer.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

Like the vast majority of players, he will go wherever offers the most money. Don't fall for the 'great club' stuff. Footballers have a short career, and those at this level, with half a brain, realise that they need to make as much money, as quickly as possible. And you can't really blame them for that.

Like the vast majority of players, he will go wherever offers the most money. Don't fall for the 'great club' stuff. Footballers have a short career, and those at this level, with half a brain, realise that they need to make as much money, as quickly as possible. And you can't really blame them for that.

Westwood.

Is on 20k a week

Not a chance. Wednesday weren't paying wages like that last season, and even with the proposed investment, I'd be very surprised if we did it this pre-season, bar a possible marquee signing.