Stuart Gray 'Both sets of supporters up for this one, and players will be too'

post-4683-0-97304700-1426792901.jpg

Stuart Gray has urged his players to rise to the challenge of Saturday’s local derby with Rotherham.

The Owls went down 3-0 to Wolves at Molineux in midweek and although Gray insists the scoreline flattered the hosts, he has called for the right response from his players. 

He told swfc.co.uk: “I don’t think it was a 3-0 game, the difference was that Wolves took their chances and we didn’t. 

“There was also a contentious penalty that saw the first goal that was crucial but it’s water under the bridge now and we focus on our next game, which is Rotherham on Saturday. 

“These are the games that bring the best out of players and I want to see the best possible response. 

“Both sets of supporters will be up for this one, you can be sure about that, and the players will be too.” 

SATURDAY'S DERBY IS SOLD OUT FOR OWLS FANS - FOLLOW THE GAME LIVE ON WEDNESDAY PLAYER

Owlstalk Shop

"Lose this and he is gone",Wot! again?.

I live in that Rotherham and I cannot be any less concerned about the result of this game, as far as I am bothered the season ended as a competion two weeks ago.

Looking forward to next season.

Edited by adelphi1867

Guest wilyfox

Why do people fear derbies so much? It's pathetic.

It's good for the region. Media attention and higher attendances are good for the clubs.

Those who play them down are simply scared of losing and want to save face. Just enjoy the banter and the occasion without taking it too far.

Guest wilyfox

Does anyone fear this one though Wily?

Or even give a monkeys!

I'd say they claim not to give a monkeys because of the fear of losing.

The only thing I fear about this game is that we'll start as flat as a fart, and they'll throw the kitchen sink at us.

End of the day the result matters more to them than us, given the league positions. I wouldn't mind putting a nail in their coffin rather than rolling over and helping them out.

I don't care what team we're playing, I wanna win. And I would like to think the players and fans think the same way. None of this 'I don't care about the result cos we're not going up, not going down rubbish'. Our season has ended...maybe some of our fans would be better off supporting chelsea, get more months of football.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Come on lads...lets get up for this and do them big time. Hope the players show some pride this Saturday!!