Lloyd isgrove

Guest samowl

It's irrelevant how good a winger he is.Gray will play him centre half,he's played all his other loanees out of postion.Why not this one :rolleyes:

It's clear that Mandaric would only bring quality loan players in when he absolutely had to. That's why we got Wickham last season, because he knew that he had to do something drastic to keep us in the division. If he'd still been the owner I don't think we'd have got this lad, because we've nothing to play for. So I genuinely think it's a step in the right direction, and shows that Chansiri is prepared to spend. It's not easy to get players at this stage of the season, and the state of Wednesday's pitch can't help.

From saintsweb.co.uk:

"He's basically a fast left-sided winger with a real change of pace. He has been hampered by a nad injury , and is still ..on the way back.

His age (22) is irrelevent at present, if he's still here as an overage U21 in two years time, it'll be sad, but with a transfer to a lower league club we might re-coup a fee.

In the short term ..at best, he will be a good sub. in case of injury to Mane / Elia ....otherwise a Championship/L1 loan-out might improve his game" 

if he has been injured recently will take about 4 or 5 games to get back his match fitness. Just in time for him to go back to Southampton.

Saying that I am looking forward to seeing him play, don't rate Magohma so would start him on Saturday ahead of him.

Been crying out for pace up front for a while.

From saintsweb.co.uk:

"He's basically a fast left-sided winger with a real change of pace. He has been hampered by a nad injury , and is still ..on the way back.

His age (22) is irrelevent at present, if he's still here as an overage U21 in two years time, it'll be sad, but with a transfer to a lower league club we might re-coup a fee.

In the short term ..at best, he will be a good sub. in case of injury to Mane / Elia ....otherwise a Championship/L1 loan-out might improve his game" 

Injuries to the nads are reyt bad though innit.

From saintsweb.co.uk:

He's been hampered by a nad injury? "Hey Dude someone kicked this soccer guy in the nads!"

post-22636-0-18322600-1426763115.jpg

From saintsweb.co.uk:

A Nad injury??? That sounds painful. The last place you'd want an injury. 

Edit: Beaten to it - twice.

Edited by whatevertrevor

My heart sank when I saw the phrase "right footed but likes to play on the left and cut inside" isn't there a winger left in world football that has designs on getting to the byeline and cutting the ball back.

I'm glad I'm getting old and won't have to live much longer, modern football is f**king rubbish.  :picnic:

In modern football, no. There isn't a half-decent defender in the world that won't successfully defend crosses all day long.

In modern football, no. There isn't a half-decent defender in the world that won't successfully defend crosses all day long.

Nor in world football is there a defender who feels comfortable facing his own net on the 6 yard line.

As for defenders who can cut out every cross, have you seen our lot recently? Also if your winger has the brains to just shift the ball half a yard before crossing it it's not easy to stop. Or feint to go inside and then run your man on the outside, but you'd never know these days because they all cut inside in default mode so the full back is ready for it, perhaps it's because they are all so bloody one footed and couldn't pass wind with the other foot.

I'm not about to die by the way, but modern footballers make you want to!

My heart sank when I saw the phrase "right footed but likes to play on the left and cut inside" isn't there a winger left in world football that has designs on getting to the byeline and cutting the ball back.

I'm glad I'm getting old and won't have to live much longer, modern football is f**king rubbish.  :picnic:

Yep, we don't want any more of that 'cutting inside' rubbish.

Chris+WADDLE+-+Panini+Sticker+Merlin+She

Yep, we don't want any more of that 'cutting inside' rubbish.

Chris+WADDLE+-+Panini+Sticker+Merlin+She

Most of the time he didn't, if you ever watched him. The reason he was so good was that the defender had no idea which side of him he was going.

When jmags gets the ball I'm sure the full back's team mates shout "He's cutting in" because he's incapable of doing anything else.

Brian marwood liked to cut inside class player 

He illustrates one of my earlier points, he wasn't fast but he could shift the ball half a yard and cross it past the full back. Ask lee Chapman.

Even when these berks get in a position to cross they made a yard and then proceed to take three touches before they cross the ball to allow the defender back into position.

Guest TommyTank

He illustrates one of my earlier points, he wasn't fast but he could shift the ball half a yard and cross it past the full back. Ask lee Chapman.

Even when these berks get in a position to cross they made a yard and then proceed to take three touches before they cross the ball to allow the defender back into position.

David Beckham is a good example of not needing to beat the fullback to cause problems, its all about the quality of delivery.

We don't get enough quality in to the area and the one or two decent crosses aren't attacked properly by our strikers.

We really do have bad attacking options in our squad at the moment.

David Beckham is a good example of not needing to beat the fullback to cause problems, its all about the quality of delivery.

We don't get enough quality in to the area and the one or two decent crosses aren't attacked properly by our strikers.

We really do have bad attacking options in our squad at the moment.

The other reason that DB was so successful was that the forwards who played with him knew when to make runs to attack the cross that they knew was coming.

At Hillsborough the forwards think "why should I make a run, whoever it is, is only going to fanny about and cut inside and lose it"

One of the things that really makes my blood boil is when the ball is rolled back to a player and do they cross it? No, they stop it, look up and then hit it straight at the defender that has just closed them down. Are they capable of having a glance as the ball is rolling back to them? Seems not.

Edited by The Dukeries Owl