Arsenal fan on RS

This feller was right about most of the things he said, but he was coming from an Arsenal fans viewpoint which is surreal when it comes to football in this area.

Maybe if we had the cash that Arsenal has had over the last 2 decades, then we might be as good as he thinks we should be.

Guest Barney's Bar

Arsonal Arsonal , I Fecking Fecking Fecking hate Arsonal.

As anybody of a certain age wood..........Linigan....paaaa.

Guest Carlo Ancelotti

Arsonal Arsonal , I Fecking Fecking Fecking hate Arsonal.

As anybody of a certain age wood..........Linigan....paaaa.

*Arsenal

Guest Carlo Ancelotti

It's like someone walking into the pub and telling you how nice your shirt is.

Course you're going to agree.

Lets face it we're light years behind Arsenal - Hopefully next season will be the beginning of a come back.  There's been very few matches at Hillsborough this season that have been exciting. Our most exciting player until McGugan arrived was Helan - Left Back !

Lets face it we're light years behind Arsenal - Hopefully next season will be the beginning of a come back. There's been very few matches at Hillsborough this season that have been exciting. Our most exciting player until McGugan arrived was Helan - Left Back !

Spot on mate. Just imagine how good it would be to watch 3 or 4 quick exciting players. #dreamon

I understand where he's coming from but its more than what he referred to. If I could compare the respective clubs to bands then I would say Arsenal is like The Rolling Stones - popular, spectacular and have been at the top for a long time, whereas Wednesday are like The Smiths - morose at times, self-loathing at others, wonderful from time to time with an ability to make you smile but success was achieved a few decades ago. What that Arsenal fan doesn't realise is that us Wednesdayites bask in our self pity and find some sick kind of comfort from our underachievement - it sort of validates us as football fans.

Although he was entitled to his opinion and that opinion was widely the truth, I wish he hadn't expressed it because if you take away the Wednesdayites ability to live without achievement then we have nothing.

I would imagine the above is true for a good 90% of all other teams and their fans also.