Sheffield + District U18 Cup Final This Thursday.....

Handsworth attract the best players for a reason - Continuation & Progression.

As said earlier the B's are the U 17's & U 18's the A, it's a cracking set up - at the U 15 level 6 players represented Sheffield Schools at the ESFA semi finals recently against a Wirral team made up mostly of academy players - at least 2 of these boys will play for South Yorkshire School Boys at an U 16 level next year.

I wonder if handsworth older junior teams play like the younger ones

dirty & long ball

Pass Pass pass.....

Handsworths win at all costs at every level is paying dividends. This philosophy is exatly the opposite of what the FA are trying to do with no league tables at all junior levels eventually. There are 2 types of junior club, win at all costs and give everyone a chance to develop. I know which one i prefer and promote when coaching at my under 12 level.

15 young men taken on by professional club this season from handsworth.....i suggest that development is working rather well, while still keeping talented kids in the game .....with a semi professional pathway if it doesn't work out at pro clubs !

Your more than welcome to come up to Olivers mount and have a look at around to see what work is put into development of the players, message me if you fancy having a look and maybe just maybe your perception may change.

Handsworth attract the best players for a reason - Continuation & Progression.

As said earlier the B's are the U 17's & U 18's the A, it's a cracking set up - at the U 15 level 6 players represented Sheffield Schools at the ESFA semi finals recently against a Wirral team made up mostly of academy players - at least 2 of these boys will play for South Yorkshire School Boys at an U 16 level next year.

Cheers  :biggrin:

As for the questions on the A & b squads ....The U18 A squad are 2nd year u18's and the B sqaud are 1st year u18's .....

"Real Football....Proudly made in Sheffield"

Guest Grez Bez

Just don't like the philosophy of having trials for every age group and saying to a 7 year old that your not good enough.

Kids need to learn to push for the best but take (and learn) from rejection

You need clubs who push for the best as much as clubs who give everyone a chance

Kids need to learn to push for the best but take (and learn) from rejection

You need clubs who push for the best as much as clubs who give everyone a chance

REALLY!!!! 

because 7 year old's are mature enough to take and learn from rejection

heard it all now

I can't stand Handsworth and have experienced first hand their gamesmanship and win at all costs. To say a boy should be able to take rejection at 7 while maybe his mates are signed is laughable. At the foundation level its all about fun and development of the player. It seems that a lot of coaches dont understand this and concentrate instead on the big kid who has a bit of talent not realising that he will be caught in future years by some of the smaller players. Its no wonder our national game is in such a state with the poor coaching young kids receive.

I'm not sure I get this whole everyone gets to play mentality. I was talking to a parent recently whose team got a big fine because on of the eight year old kids had the cheek to count the goals in his game. One of the other kids asked what the score was (which they are not allowed to keep track of officially) and he told him. A parent from the other team overheard, complained to the official and they got fined as a result. They actually expect the kids to not count.

The irony is, at primary school level, we always keep score and do proper tournaments but the real clubs can't.

I'm not sure I get this whole everyone gets to play mentality. I was talking to a parent recently whose team got a big fine because on of the eight year old kids had the cheek to count the goals in his game. One of the other kids asked what the score was (which they are not allowed to keep track of officially) and he told him. A parent from the other team overheard, complained to the official and they got fined as a result. They actually expect the kids to not count.

The irony is, at primary school level, we always keep score and do proper tournaments but the real clubs can't.

While a local team has disbanded after a heavy defeat (extremely heavy defeat) that was reported in the Rotherham Advertiser and then picked up by the Sun. A cheap shot by a local and national rag has left some kids who just wanted to play football humiliated.