Drew Talbot.

Guest Iron Hunter

Guest Iron Hunter

Why didnt Drew Talbot kick on?.Looked like he'd have a great career ahead of him but somewhat like Lavery seemed to lose favour.The playoff goal is one of the great Wednesday moments.

Not physically strong enough to play up front at a decent level.

I suspect that Lavery will have the same issue (although I hope not) - hence being played on the wing at times.

The same applies to Stevie May from what I've seen so far - hence being played on the wing a couple of times and otherwise dropping deep to avoid being in central defenders' pockets.

Guest wilyfox

Good business, in hindsight. The fact he's kicked about in the lower leagues throughout his career suggests we were right to part. I remember his pace, his injuries, obviously his playoff final goal, and then being sold. Was a decent impact player from the bench back in the day. Good fee for him as well.

Guest The Woodhouse Owl

He was never going to be a 'big player' he struggled in the lower leagues. Comparing Lavery to him is a little harsh and stevie May also, both have great movement and an eye for goal, just need the right supply from our currently useless wingers (hopefully will get some decent ones soon). And as for strength, the majority of top class strikers aren't amazingly strong they are just smart with movement and body positioning, Lavery and may will learn that as they develop, give them a chance!

He was never going to be a 'big player' he struggled in the lower leagues. Comparing Lavery to him is a little harsh and stevie May also, both have great movement and an eye for goal, just need the right supply from our currently useless wingers (hopefully will get some decent ones soon). And as for strength, the majority of top class strikers aren't amazingly strong they are just smart with movement and body positioning, Lavery and may will learn that as they develop, give them a chance!

Guest Iron Hunter

Maybe a little bit of wishful thinking when I said "Great Career" but looked decent.Shame it dint work out for him.

Not physically strong enough to play up front at a decent level.

I suspect that Lavery will have the same issue (although I hope not) - hence being played on the wing at times.

The same applies to Stevie May from what I've seen so far - hence being played on the wing a couple of times and otherwise dropping deep to avoid being in central defenders' pockets.

Do you think that little number 10 at Barca will struggle to play up front as well then at a decent level.....perhaps we should put a cheeky bid in for him..only until we get to the prem mind, then we'll let him go - or is the championship already too high a level for him?

And that Owen kid who was at Liverpool a few years ago....think it might have been his slight build that ended up with him kicking around the lower leagues at Real Madrid, Man United and England