former player - Mike Williams

Hey ups, I was on here a few year ago trying to get in touch with a former player of yours called Mike Williams. Me and a few other Burnley lads are trying to track down as many former players as possible as we are trying to compile a sort of Where are they Now? type book. Had no joy last time, is there anyone on here that could shed some light on whereabouts? I had heard he was in Bradford circa 2007 but nothing since. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey ups, I was on here a few year ago trying to get in touch with a former player of yours called Mike Williams. Me and a few other Burnley lads are trying to track down as many former players as possible as we are trying to compile a sort of Where are they Now? type book. Had no joy last time, is there anyone on here that could shed some light on whereabouts? I had heard he was in Bradford circa 2007 but nothing since. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Is that the black lad who played for us in the 90's ?

Edited by alleycat

Started off at Maltby Miners Welfare.

Was introduced to Wednesday by Colin Walker.

Was mates of a mate of mine, who played with Michael at Maltby MW. My mate also played cricket for Derbyshire btw.

Lost track of my mate so can't ask exactly what became of Michael.

Last I heard, after finishing playing football, Michael set up a fan club for Fatimah Whitbread with whom he was infatuated. When he found out she was gay, it effected him greatly, I think he felt he'd been let down.

Rumour has it that he later emigrated to Botswana, put on 10 stones, and while there, picked up aids and Malaria.

I think it was at this point that Sheffield United tried to tempt him back into football.

He turned them down though.

He said he could just about cope with the embarrassment from the Fatimah Whitbread incident, then getting aids, and malaria, but that playing for Sheffield United would definitely finish him off.

If you hang around long enough though, he'll turn up to do our 50/50 draw.

i'm pretty sure he had something to do with Maltby MW's be really careful if you go to Maltby though, keep the engine running and don't slow down or they will strip your motor as its moving. It was not too bad when I lived In Maltby, different class of animal back then.

Wasn't the friendly when we sent some big names to play them at Maltby maine beat them around 10 NIL If I can remeber right and the fee was a bag of balls for Maltby, i'm sure that was part of the lads fee when we signed him

Malby's gone up hill since you left, house prices have gone up …… Wonder why?  lol