Which Dielna?

I like Dielna and he's shown signs of being our best left back - he offers more going forward than Mattock, and is (usually) more solid defensively than Helan.

Unfortunately he's also susceptible to lapses in concentration, and if I'm being really critical, doesn't always appear to put enough effort in. Those lapses are why I'd rather not see him at Centre Back today to be honest.

If he does play today (in either role), I hope our Stuey has given him a good kick up the backside after arguably his worst display of the season against Blackburn.

These weren't the only issues, but he was definitely at fault for the second goal and should've done more for the first....

(at least we're not the only team with a rubbish left back, or players that can't shoot!) 

post-26224-0-22749400-1425726765_thumb.j

post-26224-0-77426600-1425726783_thumb.j

post-26224-0-54595800-1425726801_thumb.j

Edited by George Whitebread

You pick on dielna but there's blame all round. No one helped nuhiu out for the first one why single dielna? Where was keane, McGugan, semedo and maghoma? Yes he was out of position when the ball was played through can't argue with that.

With the Rhodes goal, perhaps lees and semedo between them should make it more difficult for brown. Zayatte perhaps flat footed meaning he can't get the header.

All in all they were 2 very soft goals to concede which a few of the players will be disappointed with their own attempts to keep it out. I like dielna - but as you say he is prone to a lapse in concentration. He had a poor game against Blackburn but it's unfair to single him out.

Not disciplined enough for a top half Championship club for me. We've had enough players like him. He's got the talent, but just loses focus way to often. Get rid in the summer. He'll lose us too many goals.

Edited by Shezza

Guest wilyfox

Good going forward, but a bit of a Julian Bennett at the back. Hopefully Gray can work his magic on him over the summer. Enough talent in him to work with.

When he receives the ball in the air he tends to panic. He has no thought process.

His default setting is to smash the ball as high and hard as he can.

Or maybe that's due to our pitch and knowing he won't be able to control it? I dunno.

He's a liability at centre half, worse than Reda. He shows potential at left back. Though, like Reda, I think he'd be a better defensive midfielder...but we already have three of them. 

Bigger Guns, I picked out Dielna for not supporting Nuhiu because the way he was closed down and the fact that he had his back to goal and so far wide, meant that his best option would've been to find the left back. It's not easy to show from the highlights because he's off the screen to start off with; but at the game I was shouting* for him to get forward. He just wasn't alive to the situation at all.

With the first goal, he wasn't directly to blame, it was just a good example of how he can sometimes fail to react when he really ought to.

*I actually muttered it under my breath because I sit on the south stand and didn't want to wake anyone up.

Bigger Guns, I picked out Dielna for not supporting Nuhiu because the way he was closed down and the fact that he had his back to goal and so far wide, meant that his best option would've been to find the left back. It's not easy to show from the highlights because he's off the screen to start off with; but at the game I was shouting* for him to get forward. He just wasn't alive to the situation at all.

With the first goal, he wasn't directly to blame, it was just a good example of how he can sometimes fail to react when he really ought to.

*I actually muttered it under my breath because I sit on the south stand and didn't want to wake anyone up.

lol

Fair enough, but like I say there was blame all round. It feels as though dielna is this months scapegoat.

This Month? He's only had one really bad game, and I'd not seen many giving him much abuse before that really.

In most games that I've seen he does more good than bad. In fact, in the stats that I'm collating about how well we do with each player in the team, Dielna comes out very well. The Blackburn game looks like more of a blip than the norm

Guest LEGEND

He's a player I like, watching him, you can tell he has a footballing brain.

He's someone that will benefit from having a decent playing surface next year, with better players down the wings.

This Month? He's only had one really bad game, and I'd not seen many giving him much abuse before that really.

In most games that I've seen he does more good than bad. In fact, in the stats that I'm collating about how well we do with each player in the team, Dielna comes out very well. The Blackburn game looks like more of a blip than the norm

I've seen a fair few criticising him in the past month yes. The comment wasn't aimed at you particularly

Mate this Nuhui obsession really needs to stop. It's genuinley bordering on psychotic! Dielna thread turns into look how good Nuhui is and it was a foul. If the ref gave a foul every time that happened the game would not get played. Nuhui does need someone to show for the ball there but it wasn't a foul.

Mate this Nuhui obsession really needs to stop. It's genuinley bordering on psychotic! Dielna thread turns into look how good Nuhui is and it was a foul. If the ref gave a foul every time that happened the game would not get played. Nuhui does need someone to show for the ball there but it wasn't a foul.

Have to agree with it not being a foul. Nuhiu did well to bring it down and get it under control but then he just wasn't strong enough