Good Kop, bad Kop.

Guest Iron Hunter

Guest WESTENDOWL

One idea would be to sell season/ matchday  tickets where you are guaranteed a seat but not a specific one .then people could sit with their mates 

Gotta say as a supporter of a tiny tinpot club - standing on the old kop which held more than our entire ground was a truly awesome experience that has never left me.
A friend who supports Villa often took me onto their kop - it was nothing compared to the Wednesday kop!

the unseated Kop was one of the best experiences you'll ever have in your life,especially when full.

In 5 minutes you could have bounced from one side to the other and then back to middle again

the atmosphere was electric

no one got hurt  even from the surges when we scored

brilliant times

if only football could go back to those times

the unseated Kop was one of the best experiences you'll ever have in your life,especially when full.

In 5 minutes you could have bounced from one side to the other and then back to middle again

the atmosphere was electric

no one got hurt even from the surges when we scored

brilliant times

if only football could go back to those times

Hmm, any kids leaning against the stantions(or whatever they called the upright cast tubular steel barriers) when the crowd pushed forward got squashed, fortunately some dads were aware of that and tried to protect their kids (and others)..

The "others" quickly learnt to stand in front of them...

Yep, I liked the standing but on reflection I'm not too sure how safe it was...

One idea would be to sell season/ matchday tickets where you are guaranteed a seat but not a specific one .then people could sit with their mates

That's a great idea, seriously !

Only problem I could see is when all the p iss heads that have to "fuel" their support might just kick off if you're in the seat they want and you have your kids or grandkids with you... ?