Milan's gone. Here's what he had to say

Guest sotonowl

Took the club from the steps of the high court and handed it over to a wealthy businessman, i'm forever grateful to you Milan, you will without doubt go down in the clubs history.

Milan did one very important thing that lead us to being where we are today. The ownership of the club became that of one man

It was so fragmented previously nobody would go near us.

That's the key thing he did for us of that there is no doubt

defo the gathering of all the fragmented shares was an achievement, tbh it had to get that bad for everyone to see sense  he had the advantage that all of us minor shareholders willingly gave them up to save the club + he had the gravitas and wherewithall to get DA in a room 

When Milan joined our club, he asked for one thing of the supporters, and one thing only. He asked for them to trust him.

I placed my trust in him, completely. Not blind loyalty but trust.

The vast majority of fans did the same. However some of our more influential supporters decided that he wasn't trustworthy. They made outlandish claims, he was merely a frontman for the triads, he was going to sell the stadium and lease it back on sale of the club, he was engaging in fraud over player contracts, he was withdrawing ridiculously high management fees, he was demanding too much for the club at £30m and it would never be sold, he was turning down perfectly good offers for the club because of his greed.

I have spent the last couple of years defending myself from attacks from the idiots who made those claims, and I'm absolutely delighted to be able to hold my head up high, along with everyone else who trusted the Chairman, and point to every one of those claims as the complete bull c rap they were.

Very few of the people who made those claims had the integrity to make them openly. They engaged in whispering campaigns, spreading rumours, and I sincerely hope that people now treat them with the contempt they deserve, and consign them and their opinions in the past where they belong.

We should all be looking forward with excitement now. The club has a bright future, something that it could not have dared to dream of on this scale when at the High Court, due to the mismanagement of the previous administration, just a few short years ago.

XBANA Milan

Top post

Ben Marshall was a big mistake at the time. Conor was out of our league unless MM wanted to go for the Prem which he didn't.

He wanted to make a profit asap by spending as little as possible. Even the pitch is underfunded and our "goals scored" record shows how he economised.

We have just had the first home win since Boxing Day and that win vs Blackpool was very unimpreesive and a 1-0.

We all have different views but mine is that he has made a handsome profit and left only a couple of players who could take this club into the top six in the league.

Of course I am very grateful he took a chance on us but it was a businessman's judgement he could make money fast off us. And he has.

Hope he has made himself a profit out of the club don't think anyone can begrudge him that. As for the handful of players comment when he took us over we had a handful of players that were heading near the 4th division for the first time in our history and a fistful of debt that would have probably seen us go out of business and probably have to start again in the conference north. We kept our stadium which would have been sold off and now we are a midtable championship side with which 2 or 3 players of real quality will see us pushing even further. Well done Milan, enjoy your retirement and thank-you for saving our club

Guest AbbeyOwl

define legitimate?  If thats aimed at me -a point of view can be legitimate even if it disagrees with others surely Nigel ?

For me to say I agreed with somethings he did and the timing would be a lie hence I had issues, but I recognise his overall effect on our club and he leaves us a better club than the diabolical mess he picked out of the gutter and with my respect if that were worth anything other than a post on here

My Dad always used to say sometimes if you havn't got owt good to say its best to say nowt

My Dad always used to say sometimes if you havn't got owt good to say its best to say nowt

your dad was wise,  but I did praise him for several things and overall in several posts for the things he genuinely needed praising for imo  -but I don't go in for playing to the crowd, blind, sycophantic posts  that would be just hypocritical

Guest AbbeyOwl

your dad was wise,  but I did praise him for several things and overall in several posts for the things he genuinely needed praising for imo  -but I don't go in for playing to the crowd, blind, sycophantic posts  that would be just hypocritical

When someone did what he did in the position we were in, you just have to say thanks. No one gets everything 100% correct but he got alot right and was never going to have the funds to take us to the next level and we are set for that. Hypocritical and petulant can seem very similar. I agree with Nigel (Grandad) and in reality he did make a stand against all the rubbish rumours being spread about MM a while back

When someone did what he did in the position we were in, you just have to say thanks. No one gets everything 100% correct but he got alot right and was never going to have the funds to take us to the next level and we are set for that. Hypocritical and petulant can seem very similar. I agree with Nigel (Grandad) and in reality he did make a stand against all the rubbish rumours being spread about MM a while back

Sorry that makes no sense

Oh and I was no part of rumours btw

Sorry that makes no sense

Oh and I was no part of rumours btw

I have no idea of the old politics, nor do I want to but to me, reading that post it does make sense.

However isn't Grandad now called George ?

Or have we now got evidence of Readings claim of multiple log ins ?

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

I have no idea of the old politics, nor do I want to but to me, reading that post it does make sense.

However isn't Grandad now called George ?

Or have we now got evidence of Readings claim of multiple log ins ?

Makes sense to you ? Really ?

"Hypocritical and petulant can seem very similar."

Guest AbbeyOwl

Makes sense to you ? Really ?

"Hypocritical and petulant can seem very similar."

Are you really trying to be thick or just petulant haha. You are from a time past, of no relevance to today no one cares, you failed, move on.

Guest Deleted member

I retired grandad who doesn't post and the login no longer works.

I did this due to being followed around this board receiving abuse on virtually everything I posted by 3 posters, which went on for quite a few months. It became incredibly tiresome, and I'm sure not just for me.

Guest Deleted member

I'd love to know who had already taken 'perma-tan' as a logon meaning your true identity had to be revealed?!

UTO :biggrin:

PS You can't talk to those that don't want to listen.

:-)