Are we caught between a rock and a hard place?

In gauging the common feelings of OT over the last week or so, it seems like many fans have been won over, again, by Stuart Gray.

I've said many times this season what a fantastic job he is doing, given the resources at his disposal, of course that is now likely to no longer be an excuse. However, if the season were to end now and I was given the decision to stick or twist with gray, I would honestly find it vert difficult to let him go. Firstly, this is the best team spirit and positivity felt in and the squad and the club as a whole since we have been in the premier league. He therefore deserves his chance IMO with funds for next season. But the question is, does he have the know how? Should we look to the continent?

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing the coaching staff being expanded, get a few extra wise heads in there.

Having seen so many managers come and go over the years I'm ambivalent about it. Gray will get sacked eventually. Then a.new one will come in and be sacked a bit later. Very little changes, we might play a bit different for a bit but sooner or later, a bad run and it's change time again. He's a nice bloke, just like a lot of managers managers, and the players seem to like him. Other than that I'm not sure what he brings that countless other managers couldn't. If he gets results he can stay Will Be the mantra of our owners I reckon. We seem to go on winning and losing streaks, so the losing ones will.determine his future.

Gray has done a good job, on the back of a couple of good results this doesn't change the fact that he is not the man to achieve promotion and establish us as a premiership side, which is what the new owners must be looking for. I wish he were as I do like him as an honorable and likable chap, but even the most ardent of optimists must see this?

This may seem an odd statement but despite our best season for year we have hardly been looking like promotion contenders and have some serious attacking deficiencies. Just like Megson was a stepping stone in our progress, so is Gray. He has established us as a mid table championship side and fully expect a new manager in place next year to progress the club. 

What if we get a Director of Football (what a ridiculous term) that doesn't like the way "Stu" works?

We've just got to hope that Chansiri is clever enough to understand that they need to be on the same wavelength and they complement each other.

We've just got to hope that Chansiri is clever enough to understand that they need to be on the same wavelength and they complement each other.

You mean like :

New DoF: hi Stuart, you look gorgeous in that new polo shirt, is it from the club shop?

Our Stuart: ohh, thanks new DoF d'yerthink so? I weren't sure if it went wi me training boots. Thanks what a lovely thing to say on your first day int job.

New DoF: oh Stuart, have you had a thought about signings? It's just that I've scouted a few Centre Halves as we need many many many more.

Our Stuart: great stuff new DoF, we need at least ten new centre halves in the summer. D'yer fancy a trip around Meadowhall as there's some gorgeous boutiques we can look around?

Edited by F. Spiksley

I'd say we've just got to hope that if Chansiri wants a director of football then he chooses the best man for the job. It's SG who needs to hope that he is on the same wavelength.

Guest wilyfox

I wonder if Mr Chansiri has a Paul Aldridge type alongside him?

Well, he'll definitely need someone to assist him. Whether PA will stay or follow Milan, hopefully we'll find out today. If he goes, a new DoF would be a must. For all Chansiri's business expertise, he's new to the game. The Bryan Robson/Avram Grant suggestions - or someone alike, might not be a bad idea; neither as manager though - would be a disaster.