The Siggi Special.

Guest Iron Hunter

Guest Iron Hunter

Can remember reports of a 30yard Siggi Jonsson goal at Norwich I think,in late 80s.Just wondered if there's any footage of the goal or if anyone was there?.Supposed to be a worldy.

Me too one of the best strikes I've seen in 50 years. Me n my brother met him in a pub in cross pool and bought him a pint for that goal

Me too (35 years rather than 50 tho).  I always mention it when talking about the best goals I have ever seen went like a tracer bullet into the keepers top left hand corner from the opposite side of the pitch about 30 yards out.  We were right behind it as well stuck in that corner of the away end.

Guest mrbluesky

It was an awful rainy night at Norwich, top left hand corner, smashed the cross bar on way in. Two keepers wouldn't have saved it. Weirdly I was there when he scored a similar screamer against QPR for Arsenal.

Nay 'twas a Saturday and a pleasant day we were in Norwich end, prowper not nawty!

Me too one of the best strikes I've seen in 50 years. Me n my brother met him in a pub in cross pool and bought him a pint for that goal

Remember both events well !

I think they missed a penalty too before zirconia scored and then that siggi goal ! Wow !! One of best Wednesday goals ever.

I'm sure we were sat in their stand that day too. Didn't stop us going mental on all three goals and then pen save.

Lovely club Norwich too with great fans