Kirkland

Should we drop lees for defending poorly against Derbys first two goals and Nuihu and lee for missing sitters the previous week ?

That's the Manager's decision.  They might have deserved to lose their places but didn't.

Westwood did lose his place and Kirkland played well enough, in a winning side, to keep the shirt.

Guest Herbert Shoebanger

It's a no brainer, Westwood is the best keeper we've had for decades, and I include Ron Springett in that.

I will be disappointed if Kirkland starts.

I wouldn't be disappointed because he is a good keeper but you should always pick the strongest 11 and Westwood is our strongest goalkeeper.

I also think it might be pivotal as a show of faith to him in terms of keeping him this summer

We'd have got a point at Derby if Westwood hadn't given the penalty away.  He deserved to lose his place just as much as Kirkland deserves to keep his now.

And maybe not because we might have conceded more goals if Kirkland had been in.

We'd have conceded more goals if Kirkland had been in goal this season.

You can't change one element of the past and assume all other events around that change would remain the same apart from the one you want.

And maybe not because we might have conceded more goals if Kirkland had been in.

You can't change one element of the past and assume all other events around that change would remain the same apart from the one you want.

We conceded the penalty that Westwood had given away when Kirkland was in goal.  No more goals were conceded after that, I know, I was there.

Westwood did lose his place and Kirkland played well enough, in a winning side, to keep the shirt.

What possible reason can there be, for a fan not to want his team to pick it's strongest 11?

Westwood isn't just a good keeper, he's the best in this division and the sole reason we aren't in the relegation picture this year

He's the number 1 by some distance, and so he gets the shirt