Kirkland

Considering that Kirkland hasn't played that much since we went out of the cups, how did he do last night for those that went? I know that being out of the team for a GK is not quite as bad as being out of the team if you're an outfield player and re-adjusting to being back in the side. By all accounts he made a couple of good saves in the first half when Millwall were on top.

Whilst I think Westwood is rightly number one.

It would be unfair to drop Kirkland after a solid display. He's waited patiently all season and if he is dropped then what is the motivation for him?

It may be unfair in the sense Kirkland did nothing wrong, but I don't think fairness can come into it, and its not up to Gray to provide motivation for Kirkland by keeping him in the team.

Westwood has been arguably the best keeper in the league this season.  And remember he only has a year left on his deal. Its more important to keep Westwood happy than Kirkland (who'll be off in the summer).  But the most important factor is we should pick the best keeper - Westwood isn't out of form, so should rightly come back in as #1.

Whilst I think Westwood is rightly number one.

It would be unfair to drop Kirkland after a solid display. He's waited patiently all season and if he is dropped then what is the motivation for him?

Kirkland signed his deal after we signed Westwood, he knew he would be number 2 and rightly so,

You pick your best available team every week and Westwood is the best keeper in this division

If he's available, he plays, every time

Edited by Lee A

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Feel bad for Kirky but some of you really would leave out our player of the season? By a country mile Westwood has been the best player. Should walk back in!

Kirkland signed his deal after we signed Westwood, he knew he would be number 2 and rightly so,

You pick your best available team every week and Westwood is the best keeper in this division

If he's available, he plays, every time

You're talking as if Kirkland is useless though. They are both good keepers.

If you reward players who have waited for their chance, come in and done well by dropping them then it doesn't send out the right message.