Colin West or Nuhui?

Guest Iron Hunter

Guest Iron Hunter

I remember the stick Colin West use to get like it was yesterday.Fear that Nuihi, although the better player, will be labelled in the same bracket.

League goals -

West 8 in 45 games, 5.63 games per goal (top flight)

Nuhiu 12 in 68 games, 5.66 games per goal (second tier)

Not much in it, they're both rubbish at scoring, although in West's favour he was rubbish at a higher level. I think West edges it  scoring wise though with a couple of Nuhiu's goals being from the spot, and his own famous effort against Luton is still in orbit at a similar trajectory to Simonsen's.

I can remember Colin west blazing over the bar from closer than Nuhiu on saturday with no pressure on him, It was the worst miss you are ever likely to see, still gives me nightmares, it was 10x as bad as Big Daves and he was 10x a worse player from what I remember, though I was only about 8 

seem to remember him getting a lot of stick from the ''boo boys'' 

Never even thought about West when it comes to rating Nuhiu.

I remember a F.A. Cup tie at Blackburn in 1989. West got sent off and the away end cheered as though we had scored. We were played better with 10 men than we did with 11.

West is up there amongst the worst wednesday players I've ever seen and is probably the worst and when you've see the likes of Larry May, Ashley Westwood, Peter Atherton, Ian Nolan and Craig Armstrong that takes some doing 😉

Nuhiu is far, far away from the worst Wednesday player I've ever seen.

west scored over 60 goals in the top level and over 130 in his career ,big dave will have to find his shooting boots pretty sharpish to match that .......having said that west was hopeless for us with his lazy attitude and lack of effort something that nuhui cant be accused of.

I thought you'd been watching Wednesday for a long time but you're obviously about 11?

I thought you thought I didn't go at all!!

I'm sure you can give me a list of players that you consider to be worse than Nuhiu and all would have merit....Olsen, Johnson, Larry May, Brad Jones, Tidman etc but I can't recall anyone as bad as Nuhiu over such a long sustained run of games

Can you think of anyone as bad who has played over 60 games for us?

I wouldn't like to have to rely on Nuhiu as our main goal scoring threat; If May/Bus, for example, can strike a good partnership then Nuhiu is an invaluable squad player that can be brought on in any number of scenarios to benefit the team.

He changed the game when he came on Saturday... I also remember countless times this season where he has gone off and we have cried out for his presence. 

People need to look at the bigger picture sometimes.

I thought you thought I didn't go at all!!

I'm sure you can give me a list of players that you consider to be worse than Nuhiu and all would have merit....Olsen, Johnson, Larry May, Brad Jones, Tidman etc but I can't recall anyone as bad as Nuhiu over such a long sustained run of games

Can you think of anyone as bad who has played over 60 games for us?

I can't believe I'm even dignifying this with a response but there are multiple players in our current team who have had plenty of appearances in their own right and have been far worse - Coke, Maghoma, Stevie May (who's played around the same number of games as Adhte this year) etc.

League goals -

West 8 in 45 games, 5.63 games per goal (top flight)

Nuhiu 12 in 68 games, 5.66 games per goal (second tier)

Not much in it, they're both rubbish at scoring, although in West's favour he was rubbish at a higher level. I think West edges it scoring wise though with a couple of Nuhiu's goals being from the spot, and his own famous effort against Luton is still in orbit at a similar trajectory to Simonsen's.

12 in 68

lol