KEANE OUT FOR SEASON

Guest wayne foster

Over the last month Gray could have gone for Le Fondre, Best, Maynard, Beccio or Kenwyne Jones who Cardiff were prepared to loan out.

Even old timers like a Gudjonnson or Yakubu on a short term deal would imo have been more likely to score in the Champioship than the lightweight Keane.

Let us be very clear Keane has never scored a goal in open play in the football league.

how do you know he didnt go for them ?.....as for keane never scoring a goal means feck all ....when defoe went to bournemouth, beckham to preston , jones to us non of them had a goal to there name .....bothroyd ,taylor- fletcher had scored quite few and look out they turned out .

Oh yeah and was it him who had the chance in the first half of was it Bus?

lol

I stand corrected. lol

He's now had 2 chances in 4 matches, a penalty won by Bus and a header he really should have done better with... No wonder you're such a big fan of his, he really HAS made a difference!! lol

how do you know he didnt go for them ?.....as for keane never scoring a goal means feck all ....when defoe went to bournemouth, beckham to preston , jones to us non of them had a goal to there name .....bothroyd ,taylor- fletcher had scored quite few and look out they turned out .

Exactly.

If Becchio had come here and not scored in his first few games, fans would be saying 'we should have gone for a young hungry striker who has something to prove'. Gray can't win! It's all a gamble when signing a player and shock horror not every single striker in the football league wants to join Sheffield Wednesday.

Keane has clear ability and to be honest I think he's done a good job since he;s been here. Only scored twice since his arrival and he's scored one and created the other. Give him half a chance in the box and i'd back him to bury it ahead of Nuhiu and May.

I stand corrected. lol

He's now had 2 chances in 4 matches, a penalty won by Bus and a header he really should have done better with... No wonder you're such a big fan of his, he really HAS made a difference!! lol

Shot on the spin against Cardiff which was well blocked by the defender sending it over the bar?

Look at my post below yours, we're going round in circles. Let's create some chances, put some good balls into the box (like Palmer did for his chance on Saturday) and then lets see if the lad is a waste of space.

I think he's going to prove you wrong if he stays injury free.

Talking of signing quality strikers, did we all not want Matt Fryatt?

We all said he would be a quality addition, people even saying he could be a 20 goal man, yet look how it's turned out at Forest.

Fryatt - 15 games started, 6 Sub - 5 goals

Lets compare that two our strikers..

Nuhiu - 22 games started, 8 Sub - 7 goals

Nuhiu - 24 games started, 4 Sub - 5 Goals

I don't necessarily think singing a big name player is going to guarantee you goals, sometimes it just works and sometimes it doesn't.

If we had signed Fryatt and he had scored 5 goals for us there would be people shouting to sign another quality striker, yet we signed one in Fryatt didn't we?

The biggest problem is we haven't got the balance right, you can't expect to score goals when the supply is awful, people like Maghoma, Maguire, Coke, lee, Semedo etc was never going to give us the quality we need/crave.

We have now added McGugan but he can't do it alone, we need more to help, compliment what we have in McGugan etc.

Let's actually use proper stats like minutes per league goals rather than gloss over to suit your point.

Fryatt 1387 minutes played, 277 minutes per league goal (5)

Nuhui 1973 minutes played, 493 minutes per league goal (4)

May 2110 minutes played, 422 minutes per goal (5)

See that there is quite a big difference.

Fryatt scores on average a goal every 3 games so over a season that's 15 goals (15.3)

Nuhui scores on average a goal every 5.5 games so over a season that's 8 goals (8.3)

May scores on average a goal every 4.7 games so over a season that's 10 goals (9.8)

So over a season Fryatt would score 50% more than May and close to 100% more than Nuhui

A certain Gary Madine has scored 45 goals in English professional football whereas Keane has scored 1.

If my job was on the line I know who I would be starting on Saturday.

you looking for a pay off mate ?......i dont know if keane is going to be any good but man utd offering him a 3 year contract makes you think he may have something .i doubt very much they´ll be in for madine when we release him in june .

Torryowl seems to think that Man Utd offering Keane is a big deal.

Well it will be loose change to them and it ensures they get some sort of fee when he moves on.

What I want to know is do we have to play him under the terms of the loan?

He certainly has not earned a starting place in the team.

They were raw young players with the ability to go on and spend their careers at the top level though.

Keane had already had two goalless loan spells at clubs in this division who actually play football and create chances, so I don't see how signing him was going to help us.

Torryowl seems to think that Man Utd offering Keane is a big deal.

Well it will be loose change to them and it ensures they get some sort of fee when he moves on.

What I want to know is do we have to play him under the terms of the loan?

He certainly has not earned a starting place in the team.

do you ever listen to what gray says .....we sign players on loan who havnt played for a while it takes time to bring them up to pace and the only way you can do that is to play them ......no idea if its in his contract that he as to play but gray´s signed him and as to back his own judgement and play him .what would be the point of signing someone on loan then not playing them coz they arnt match fit .