KEANE OUT FOR SEASON

Guest wayne foster

Guest Sheff Owl

Talking of signing quality strikers, did we all not want Matt Fryatt?

We all said he would be a quality addition, people even saying he could be a 20 goal man, yet look how it's turned out at Forest.

Fryatt - 15 games started, 6 Sub - 5 goals

Lets compare that two our strikers..

Nuhiu - 22 games started, 8 Sub - 7 goals

Nuhiu - 24 games started, 4 Sub - 5 Goals

I don't necessarily think singing a big name player is going to guarantee you goals, sometimes it just works and sometimes it doesn't.

If we had signed Fryatt and he had scored 5 goals for us there would be people shouting to sign another quality striker, yet we signed one in Fryatt didn't we?

The biggest problem is we haven't got the balance right, you can't expect to score goals when the supply is awful, people like Maghoma, Maguire, Coke, lee, Semedo etc was never going to give us the quality we need/crave.

We have now added McGugan but he can't do it alone, we need more to help, compliment what we have in McGugan etc.

No one wants to see serious injuries but a return to Man Utd for Keane might have opened the way to the signing of a proper striker.

Someone who has scored goals at Championship level or above.

Not a novice who should be learning his trade at Hartlepool or Bury, etc.

No one wants to see serious injuries but a return to Man Utd for Keane might have opened the way to the signing of a proper striker.

Someone who has scored goals at Championship level or above.

Not a novice who should be learning his trade at Hartlepool or Bury, etc.

who ?.......

Very true. Why the hell didn't we go for Chris Martin at Derby then?

FFS Gray these 20 goal a season strikers were available

Whenever anyone slates Gray you always come up with the same old ridiculous argument of "oh why didn't we go out and sign Jordan Rhodes", "aren't Wednesday fans so stupid", completely going over the top.

I'm not saying we should have gone out and signed a 20 goal striker, I'm saying we should have gone out and signed a striker who had a better track record than Keane... Which wouldn't have been difficult considering when he signed he'd never scored a senior goal.

Sadly I've been proven right, we needed a bigger goal threat when he came in and the distinct lack of chances that he's had in matches speaks volumes.

Now you can sugar coat him all you like talking about his great link up play, or his great "footballing brain" (whatever that's supposed to mean??), you can even try to claim that anyone that doesn't rate him is stupid and thinks we should have signed Jordan Rhodes but the fact is he's delivered very little to a forward line that's struggled to score goals.

I never thought we'd get s 20 goal striker but I thought we'd bring someone in who'd at least scored 1 goal when he signed, ALF was available for loan... Even Luke Varney has a better record than Keane!!!

Over the last month Gray could have gone for Le Fondre, Best, Maynard, Beccio or Kenwyne Jones who Cardiff were prepared to loan out.

Even old timers like a Gudjonnson or Yakubu on a short term deal would imo have been more likely to score in the Champioship than the lightweight Keane.

Let us be very clear Keane has never scored a goal in open play in the football league.

Guest totemowl

Over the last month Gray could have gone for Le Fondre, Best, Maynard, Beccio or Kenwyne Jones who Cardiff were prepared to loan out.

Even old timers like a Gudjonnson or Yakubu on a short term deal would imo have been more likely to score in the Champioship than the lightweight Keane.

Let us be very clear Keane has never scored a goal in open play in the football league.

lol He's following a well trodden path of strikers who had never scored a goal in open play in the football league.