zayatte or dielna?

Dielna has had the worst 2-3 weeks I could have imagined - really hoping he mans up and muscles through it - the guy looks lost at the moment and has cost us several times.

He did look quality but on the last few showings.............................................................bring back Zayatte he was better than big D's current performances

Zayatte was playing well earlier in the season. I'm just not sure how match fit he is. I presume Kelhar isn't anywhere near fit.

I've got my fingers crossed that Loovens recovers in time. People were giving him grief a few weeks ago but we miss him when he's out.

Zayatte by a mile, Dielna's been awful since coming into the side.

Before he got injured this season, I actually think Zayatte was starting to look quite steady.

This, Dielna is better as a left back for me. I'd let Mattock go in the summer and let Dielna push Helan for starts. Zayatte is a decent player when he wants, his problem under Jones is that he had no positional discipline at all, he used to leave his Centre-back partner completely exposed, but from what I've seen he's worked that out of his game this year. He's also a threat from set pieces.

Edited by GroundhoppingOwl

Not sure what Grays intention was with regard to Dielna. Looks no where near composed enough at centre back to me and as others have said, Zayette was starting to show some decent form.

If Loovens is injured then it would be Palmer (who has been bizarrely replaced by someone with very little first team experience) Lees, Zayette and Helan for me, possibly with Dielna in the Semedo role if he's still out

Edited by Bleeder

Not sure what Grays intention was with regard to Dielna. Looks no where near composed enough at centre back to me and as others have said, Zayette was starting to show some decent form.

If Loovens is injured then it would be Palmer (who has been bizarrely replaced by someone with very little first team experience) Lees, Zayette and Helan for me, possibly with Dielna in the Semedo role if he's still out

I agree re Palmer especially. Here are Liam play week in week out in championship for two seasons - decent player - buxtons ready if you don't perform etc. BUMP - replaced by a player that's played 3 games in England. Bizarre.

is dielna the one who 2 weeks ago was an outstanding signing who we will struggle to keep hold of?

Yeah - he wasn't any of those things. Just people picking a favourite on account of a last minute goal.

I was hoping for a 3rd option of neither, but then realised we are in a pretty precarious position with centre halves ...

Zayatte is made of biscuit, Loovens is a suspension waiting to happen and Dielna has never been good enough at centre half ...

If Loovens is injured then it would be Palmer (who has been bizarrely replaced by someone with very little first team experience

First choice in the Dutch first division last season making 28 appearances speaks to his quality.