Central Midfield

Until McGugan and Semedo to some extent came on and got on the ball we were inept in the middle of the park. Lee is too lightweight, doesn't tackle and just plays the easy ball each time with no goal threat. he looks much more of a right back than a midfielder to me, and I haven't been impressed with Hutchison when i've seen him, all energy player but zero quality on the ball.

McGugan showed the difference when you have a quality midfielder who can actually pick out players all over the park, and drives forward and is willing to shoot. Stark contrast to our other ones. And im hoping Melo is going to be the partner for him as the ball winner, he sounds highly rated and could like Semedo with some added quality on the ball.

Do others agree Lee and Hutchison aren't good enough? Especially if we targeting the playoffs now.

Disagree on Lee and Hutch

Lee often looks very comfortable in possession and offers more attacking threat than others

Hutch needs to be properly managed in terms of playing time, it's frustrating that he'll probably never be the sort to play in ever game a season but I think he does have quality and is a useful player.

I'd keep both to function as squad players, the guys you can bring on after 65 minutes to contain the ball and defend a lead. Bigger problem at the moment is actually getting in the lead.

Disagree on Lee and Hutch

Lee often looks very comfortable in possession and offers more attacking threat than others

Hutch needs to be properly managed in terms of playing time, it's frustrating that he'll probably never be the sort to play in ever game a season but I think he does have quality and is a useful player.

I'd keep both to function as squad players, the guys you can bring on after 65 minutes to contain the ball and defend a lead. Bigger problem at the moment is actually getting in the lead.

Sorry but I don't see that in Lee. Every pass by him goes sideways.

Still need to see more of Hutch to pass proper judgement, just hope he stays on the pitch now.

Players go in and out of form. Always have done and always will do.

Either that's the case or the Championship has improved drastically since last season when both Lee and Hutchinson were our two best central midfielders.

It hasn't improved though and these two players have enough quality as they've shown in the past. They're just not at the top of their game at the moment.

Still, I expect McGugan to replace Lee once he's fit enough to start.

Nothing has happened for Hutch yet this season, be it all his time off the pitch...or his time on it!

obviously a good player, he showed that last year....but for me, this season he hasnt got going...

wouldnt get in my starting XI on current form,

Mugugan & Baker ACM and Semedo & Melo DM are all ahead of him in the pecking ATM.

If he is as good as everyone says he is im sure he will force his way in..

K Lee is a good player, not sure its his type o pitch though, performs better when were playing football.

Wouldn't be surprised to to see a diamond of

Semedo

Hutchinson melo

Mcgugan

With vermijl and helan as attacking full backs

Maybe Semedo or Melo at the back of it would allow more creativity next to hutch... Baker or Lee maybe?

TBF we need to see exactly what Melo brings to it before having a proper opinion probably.

Really don't get Hutchinson.   Noticed how often he spends time making fun of the opposition and getting drawn into silly arguments. All in all it doesn't help his game and doesn't contribute to the team either.    One occasion near end of game today when we had got momentum and pushing for that goal he involved himself in a stupid fracas (with Jones I think) stopping the game for a while thus running down the clock and stopping our flow.   And there we were booing Cardiff at this stage for slow timing and trying to break the game up.         Not a bright lad is he as he ,of course, picked up another daft booking.     before you point it out, NO, its nothing to do with enthusiasm etc.   He needs to grow up and take some responsibility. 

Hutchinson doesn't really do anything and is an accident waiting to happen

Have a look at new lad and see how he goes, but next week it should be Semedo and McGugan in there

McGugan is that bit of quality and attacking intent we so badly need in there 

Thought Hutch played well today, won plenty in the air and never shirks , He has only just come back but we will see better things from him if he keeps fit, the lad would tackle anything moving and for me would be a starter every week if we can keep him fit.