OFFICIAL TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD- SPLASH THE CASH EDITION

The only crumb of comfort I'll take from that, would be the permanent signing of Lewis McGugan. Don't profess to know too much about Bus, but it's an awful lot of pressure on the lad to hit the ground running. We now know we cannot rely on any of our existing strikers, so this guy has to come in and start scoring the goals.

Same was said about May (whilst our fans were greeting him as the new Messi) and look what happened

Owlstalk Shop

The new owners will want to see if they can work with SG & if he's got what it takes to take us further. They'll hopefully spend more in the summer when they've evaluated everything & determined where their money needs to be spent on the squad, stadium & other facilities.

Same was said about May (whilst our fans were greeting him as the new Messi) and look what happened

Exactly, May has been a disappointment, but things might have been different had we been able to bed him in slowly. Now it looks as if we are about to do the same with Bus

If there's a marquee signing I doubt Staton will know about it in fairness.

I think if we do sign Lewis McGugon (especially perm) then that would class as a marquee signing for me!

We would have laughed at the thought had someone sugested just a few months ago!