OFFICIAL TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD- SPLASH THE CASH EDITION

Today was always going to be a disappointment. As always most people have totally overreacted and expected us to spend loads of money and sign loads of players just like that.

Biggest disappointment for me will be if we don't get a winger. That's the main area having signed bus. A striker would be nice but we now have about 6 of them (whether they are rated or not)

Mate it isn't that. Most people didn't expect us to splash millions, I know I didn't, but I did expect us to address the actual areas that were a priority.

Guest Amberketal

I wouldn't take the word of staton as being true, he probably gets more info off here than anywhere else.

Yep. Just look at the takeover, they didn't have the foggiest and got their 'breaking news' from Sky. No need to panic yet, I'm expecting two/three more signings personally.

Guest wilyfox

rob staton said only 2 more tho?

and the 2 more are obviously mcgugan and the rb from man utd

As things stand. Doesn't mean things can't change. Things can move quickly today of all days.

Vermijl is a good signing, having a closer look at a promising full back who's out of contract at the end of the season is intelligent especially considering buxtons injury problems. Can't complain there.

My grumble is put wide, it's blatantly obvious we need a winger and if gray doesn't address this issue I personally think gray will have failed during the transfer market.

He doesnt negotiate the deals personally you know 

McGugan on a permanent deal, as one of the two, is the absolute minimum. Is it going to be yet another window closing without us addressing our attacking woes

Maybe Bus is seen as the answer up front.

Don't forget they've seen a lot more of him than us.

Guest wilyfox

Just spoken to Stuart Gray: Hopeful of two more, deals very close, medical team ready to do medicals/scans. One permanent, one a loan. #SWFC

We've got potentially 5 players that can play right back (Palmer, Buxton, lee, hutchinson, young)

Do we really need another?

Buxton just back from a long lay off ,Palmer needs dropping , Lee is a much better midfielder than right back , Hutch is a central midfielder and probably the best one we've got and Young is on loan at carlisle

Yes we do need another right back

Edited by S6owl_1867

Guest Amberketal

We've got potentially 5 players that can play right back (Palmer, Buxton, lee, hutchinson, young)

Do we really need another?

I'd be surprised if Buxton is still around next season. Young isn't anywhere near ready. Lee is considered a central midfielder now. 

I can see why Gray wants him. But it'll be a disappointing signing IMO.

Gray out.

Painfully obvious what we need and he's more bothered about getting another right back in.

who says Gray has sole responsibility for transfers? With the perpetual talk of a DoF being brought in and the fact that he's only the "head coach", I wouldn't be surprised if Aldridge and others are pulling the strings on tranfers just as much as Gray.