Spiral (Engenages)

edmontonowl

Binge watched the final series Series 8 yesterday on Iplayer - really enjoyed it - the usual favourites - Berthaud,Giliou and lawyer Josephine Karlsson are still in it - Good to see Commissioner Beckriche - Berthauds boss features more heavily in this series.Also the judge who takes over from Roban is pretty good too 

TBH I thought this jumped the shark when Berthaud and Gilou started playing tonsil hockey.

Still a cut above most imported crime drama though. Does Fromentin feature? I thought his brief turn as an anti-corruption copper in the last series introduced a potentially interesting new sub-plot.

6 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

TBH I thought this jumped the shark when Berthaud and Gilou started playing tonsil hockey.

Still a cut above most imported crime drama though. Does Fromentin feature? I thought his brief turn as an anti-corruption copper in the last series introduced a potentially interesting new sub-plot.

No Tintin doesn't feature in the last series 

18 minutes ago, Jimothy said:

Is it all on iplayer? Doing the bbc4 2 a week route! Enjoying so far, best foreign cop drama by a country mile

Yes all the episodes are on Iplayer

Finished last night.

All good things must come to an end i guess.  Different angle with Gilou's predicament.  Very tense how it all fit together and they tripped each other up yet always had a solution.

Random Question.  Has JP ever uttered any lines greater than 'yes boss'

2 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

Finished last night.

All good things must come to an end i guess.  Different angle with Gilou's predicament.  Very tense how it all fit together and they tripped each other up yet always had a solution.

Was just thinking about JP's lack of lines last night 😂

On 10/01/2021 at 11:06, acquiescefc said:

Finished last night.

Spoiler alert!!

lol

3 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Spoiler alert!!

lol

yeah at least i didnt mention the bit where we found out JP was a cyborg from the future and had travelled back to make sure Romy wasnt terminated by Greta Thunberg.   

ah craaaaap sorry

• Like 1

We managed to binge the rest in no time, fantastic as ever and without giving away the ending, thought it was perfect.  

Greta being on it ruined episode 9 though, but Romy's ray gun was incredible, I thought France had banned ray guns so possible crack in the usually well researched plot there, in fact the whole thing is ruined now!

In the few moments after the end when it went back to IPlayer and all seasons....noticed season 1 was 2005 on BBC4.  We put episode one on for a few minutes, wow, so young they were!  I could do them all again!

On 21/11/2019 at 09:53, acquiescefc said:

watched first episode of French village, looks very good. 

Gilou is already spotted playing away from home amongst the Messerschmitts and Panzerwagons

Where is it on?  I haven't found it on any service I already pay for yet