Sergiu Bus

I can only see May improving if we recruit someone to play alongside him and present him with the chances (ala Teddy Sheringham, Peter Beardsley) because he appears to be struggling with the pressure of making his own chances. Unfortunately, after watching the YouTube clips, it appears that Bus isn't a player that makes chances but takes them which put Bus in direct competition with May because no team plays with two "goalscorers" up top.

I think the pro-May lot may be frustrated.

We need wingers who can supply. And McGugan or similar for MF would help too.

I haven't had a chance to look at the Bus vids and I've tended to avoid them as I find them poor predictors of future performance. Not saying your assessment is wrong and style of play (as you have identified) is not the same as goal scoring performance.

I still think May will come good in time , Nuhiu has had a lot longer to adapt to the cut and thrust of the championship and I don't think he can adapt any more where as may is young and has been thrust into it from virtually day one presumably because of the price tag ,(who knows) which in all respect we were led to believe he was our savior and was expected to bust the net from his arrival onwards ,If you have played at any level you should know it takes a player time to fit in some longer than others , admmitedly (SP)some take the bull by the horns and it works from the off others take longer , but that said the midfield needs to be good enough to feed the forwards at a regular rate if this dosent happen then any striker worth his salt will struggle ,moving on though tbh I think Niuhu and May are not suited as a partnership when played together but that is my thoughts on the matter others no doubt will dissagree , maybe may and bus will work better or niuhu and bus , or kean and may or nuhiu and kean ,, who knows where the answer lies but until tried we are where we are , that said though the midfield have to up the anti and maybe if with copious amounts of luck we can get Magoogan in then if played correctly that could be the start and end to our troubles up top ,

I think Nuhiu and May could work as a partnership if May was taught to play closer to Nuhiu Trev. At the moment when Nuhiu receives the ball and holds it up, May is always miles away from him so Nuhiu ends up losing it but it would be much more beneficial if our players came in close to him where he can lay it off for them to drive it forward. This isn't just a criticism of May but our midfielders who are far too gutless, Maguire, Lee and Maghoma need to link up with him much better. Hopefully if we bring McGugan he will have more forward intent and will be more keen on the idea of linking up with Nuhiu when he holds the ball up.

May has actually looked pretty good most times I've seen him. Putting himself about, running behind the defence etc. Can't get away from the fact that he's missed a large number of absolute sitters whilst he's been doing it though.

How he didn't score at least one against wolves I'll never know. It's almost like he's cursed...