Reading Fan Chat – Reading v Sheff Wed

D] **Just wondered, any special matches you remember between Wednesday  and Reading, for good or bad?  â€“ funny, we’ve only met 17 times in well more than a hundred years!

Those of us a bit older will remember a 1-0 win for Wednesday at Elm Park in the old 3rd division 1976. It was Wednesday's first away win in 18 months with a goal from a popular Wednesday player of that era called Jeff Johnson. 

I don't think Reading had been a particularly successful side for many years at that time and there were 5-6,000 Wednesday fans in a crowd of about 9,000. Two poor teams but a great atmosphere and a pleasant memory of a great day out. 

D] **Just wondered, any special matches you remember between Wednesday  and Reading, for good or bad?  â€“ funny, we’ve only met 17 times in well more than a hundred years!

Those of us a bit older will remember a 1-0 win for Wednesday at Elm Park in the old 3rd division 1976. It was Wednesday's first away win in 18 months with a goal from a popular Wednesday player of that era called Jeff Johnson. 

I don't think Reading had been a particularly successful side for many years at that time and there were 5-6,000 Wednesday fans in a crowd of about 9,000. Two poor teams but a great atmosphere and a pleasant memory of a great day out. 

I must have been there 'cos I saw virtually every home game at that point, but memories fade, I just can't remember anything about the game, sorry! Was Reading's wayward legend Robin Friday playing? Suppose so, but did he do anything out of the norm that day?

didn't hughie dowd take out robin friday from the kick off?

A] ** As we speak Wednesday are only three places off play-offs, but as all the top teams are going well there a nine-points divide has opened up. Do you think you can claw that back and really bite amongst the presently placed play-off clubs?

B] ** How generally  is your squad clicking together this season – any useful additions in the Winter transfer window? – and any likely to start who should Reading particularly fear? (OK, I know you’re tempted but don’t just say ‘everyone’!) ... 

C] ** How strong do you see the general level of the Championship this season? Is Reading’s very modest season coming as a surprise, after all, this will almost surely be our worst finish in over a decade?

Reading's scouting network is pioneering some interesting new techniques

I must have been there 'cos I saw virtually every home game at that point, but memories fade, I just can't remember anything about the game, sorry! Was Reading's wayward legend Robin Friday playing? Suppose so, but did he do anything out of the norm that day?

One of the few away games of that era where i remember the name of the pub outside the ground..

"The spread Eagle"...

2002/2003 Season at Hillsborough, Reading were winning 2-0 at half time, Hahnemann was in the net if i remember correctly, he was weeing about time wasting and we ended up scoring three second half goals to win 3-2.