Takeover...

Hes taken us from a very low base, in the gutter and started to put infrastructure in place to make us attract investment. We had a promotion and have so far worked our way up from relegation fodder to a top half side with young assets and some promising talent in the youth side.

Milan may have made comments about going for it which didnt help, but he has also always said that he wont be as aggressive with the promotion bid as a new investor would be. Milan has put us in this position whether certain posters like him or not and for me, he will turn out to be one of the best owners we ever had, provided he gets the sale right.

Completely agree.

I'm not as critical of Milan as MMM's but I'm whole heartedly behind him in his general distrust of the new breed of football club owners.

Milan has done himself no favours or curried any favour with those who have doubts, in wheeling out the same diatribe twice a year for each of the last four years. True, much stability has been introduced but none of his hints at 'The new Season' or 'Giving it a go in January' have come to fruition. Milan himself came as the self professed 'Maintenance Man' has proved nothing more than a brain fart blown away by the wind, you only have to take a walk around the 'Old Lady'.

This though, while not being a criticism, as we could only do what we could do with the resources at hand. A good few of us so wrongly labelled 'Milan haters' could have done with a little more honesty over the course of his tenure.

The one promise Milan appears now to have accomplished is that we may have been sold to wealthy backers. I congratulate Milan on this. But rather than immediately start celebrating, I await the delivery of the business plan and will take stock in the fullness of time.     

I'm not as critical of Milan as MMM's but I'm whole heartedly behind him in his general distrust of the new breed of football club owners.

Milan has done himself no favours or curried any favour with those who have doubts, in wheeling out the same diatribe twice a year for each of the last four years. True, much stability has been introduced but none of his hints at 'The new Season' or 'Giving it a go in January' have come to fruition. Milan himself came as the self professed 'Maintenance Man' has proved nothing more than a brain fart blown away by the wind, you only have to take a walk around the 'Old Lady'.

This though, while not being a criticism, as we could only do what we could do with the resources at hand. A good few of us so wrongly labelled 'Milan haters' could have done with a little more honesty over the course of his tenure.

The one promise Milan appears now to have accomplished is that we may have been sold to wealthy backers. I congratulate Milan on this. But rather than immediately start celebrating, I await the delivery of the business plan and will take stock in the fullness of time.

Excellent post Nev. my sentiments exactly

Guest Deleted member

Its sad that Milans refusal to provide financial backing for the cricket club has made you so bitter

If you were to take a step back, and look at things objectively with regards to where our club is, compared to where it was when your lunch pal left it, you wouldn't type the drivel you do