TEAM FOR FOREST AWAY

Can see Baker starting at the expense of Semedo, can't see the lad coming here to start from the bench, he's creative in midfield but can also play a holding role, similar to Mcgugan he gives more options going forward and from set plays .

Can see Baker starting at the expense of Semedo, can't see the lad coming here to start from the bench, he's creative in midfield but can also play a holding role, similar to Mcgugan he gives more options going forward and from set plays .

Exactly.

Baker will start.

Whether it is for Lee or Semedo remains to be seen.

..............Westwood

Lee......Lees....Loovens...Dielna

Maguire..Baker..Semedo..Helan

.......Nuhiu......May

Kirkland, Palmer, Hutchinson, Mccabe, Stobbs, Maghoma, Lavery

Decent shout that, can't see Palmer not starting at RB though in all honesty .

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I would go

Westwood

Lee   Lees   Loovens  Dielna

Baker    Semedo

Maguire                     Helan

May         Nuhiu

Subs: Kirkland, Palmer, HUTCHINSON, Maghoma, Lavery, McCabe, Young

I would go

Westwood

Lee   Lees   Loovens  Dielna

Baker    Semedo

Maguire                     Helan

May         Nuhiu

Subs: Kirkland, Palmer, HUTCHINSON, Maghoma, Lavery, McCabe, Young

Not a lot of defensive strength down that right hand side.  Lee isn't really a fullback - he showed that when he played there towards the end of last season.  Whay are prople rushing to get Palmer away from fullback?  He's young and, therefore, will make mistakes, however, he's steady and part of the meanest back four we've had for decades. 

Leave Pamer in.  Start with the team that started aganst Man City apart from Westwood (if fit) for Kirkland.  Baker should start from the bench as he is unproven at this level plus Chelsea may not want him thrown straight in - he hasn't started a single first team game and has only had a few minutes from the subs bench. 

as if Gray will start tampering with the defence unless forced too.

Westwood

palmer

loovens

lees

Dielna

Maguire

Lee

Semedo

Helan

Nuhiu

May

Beat me to it.  This but with Maghoma instead of Maguire.  Don't get me wrong, I think Maguire is better than Maghoma but I think that the team that started against Citeh have earned the right to start the next game. 

Not a lot of defensive strength down that right hand side.  Lee isn't really a fullback - he showed that when he played there towards the end of last season.  Whay are prople rushing to get Palmer away from fullback?  He's young and, therefore, will make mistakes, however, he's steady and part of the meanest back four we've had for decades. 

Leave Pamer in.  Start with the team that started aganst Man City apart from Westwood (if fit) for Kirkland.  Baker should start from the bench as he is unproven at this level plus Chelsea may not want him thrown straight in - he hasn't started a single first team game and has only had a few minutes from the subs bench. 

We signed Lee as a fullback and then converted him to right mid and then centre mid.  In a way you have pretty much answered your own question e.g. Palmer is young and will make mistakes it is also not his natural position so he is still learning the trade so to speak.  If one of those mistakes leads to a goal (e.g. Charlton away) because we are scoring so few goals it can be the difference between winning or drawing a game. 

You're right to say that he has been part of a very tight defence but that's not just down to the back four the whole team are setup to defend from front to back.  I just think that replacing Palmer with Lee will mean even less mistakes and an even tighter defence.

We signed Lee as a fullback and then converted him to right mid and then centre mid.  In a way you have pretty much answered your own question e.g. Palmer is young and will make mistakes it is also not his natural position so he is still learning the trade so to speak.  If one of those mistakes leads to a goal (e.g. Charlton away) because we are scoring so few goals it can be the difference between winning or drawing a game. 

You're right to say that he has been part of a very tight defence but that's not just down to the back four the whole team are setup to defend from front to back.  I just think that replacing Palmer with Lee will mean even less mistakes and an even tighter defence.

Lee looks out of place as a full back.  He got dragged all over the place when he played that position late last season - it appears that he doesn't have the defensive dicipline to play that position because he was tear-arsing all over the place committing to challenges he shouldn't and found he himself incorrectly positioned a few times.  Lee is a central midfielder - plain and simple - and a damn good one at that - not a right back nor an outside right (right midfielder). 

There's a reason that Palmer is getting in at full back ahead of Lee and that is because Palmer is the better fullback - this has been the case when they're both available also.  Palmer may make the odd mistake but he is more disciplined than Lee, his defensive decision making is better and he has a better understanding of when to go forward from the defensive position.   

I haven't answered my own question about Palmer because every single one of our defence has made mistakes this season - should we replace them all with someone else because the replacement plays fantastically well in another position? 

I think Palmer will develop into a really accomplished player - people ought to stop doubting him.  Lee is arguably our best midfielder (he was immense against Man City) but that doesn't mean that he is a better full back than Palmer even if he was purchased from Oldham as a full back. 

Leave Palmer and Lee in the positions they occupy now. 

lee started his career in midfield.

oldham started playing him right back. He's wasted there imo.

Absolutely this