im confused

At that age you think you're invincible and confidence is high. Playing him at Championship level could either feed that or kill it. Given our existing options, I'd be tempted to give him a couple of sub appearances to see how he gets on. Whether that's right for him personally or not is another matter though.

Watched him in the U21 game vs the pigs, I'm surprised he's good enough for Chesterfield, without slating the lad much he's still young but it was a development game and he came across as one of the worst players I've ever watched.

I'm embarrassed to ask but in that photo in the OP what's that white thing that appears to be hanging out of the right leg of his shorts

I'm afraid that the truth about that is that he is actually white and "blacked up" for the occasion. The excitement of the moment made him p1ss himself and washed away the greasepaint. It's completely unacceptable in this day and hypocrisage.

fowler,owen.rooney

lets give the lad a shot.nothing to lose

how much pressure was rooney under at 16 scoring a blinder against arsenal

Listing 3 of the best English forwards of the last 20 years there though, they were rare talents

For every one like Michael Owen, you get 10 more like Harry Kane, who's been out on loan 4 or 5 times, gained valuable experience, learned the game and is now reaping the benefits on the big stage

Let this kid prove he's got something at Chesterfield, if he looks half decent he'll be back here and in the squad before long, just like Lavery was.

At that age you think you're invincible and confidence is high. Playing him at Championship level could either feed that or kill it. Given our existing options, I'd be tempted to give him a couple of sub appearances to see how he gets on. Whether that's right for him personally or not is another matter though.

Pretty much what I was thinking. Chucking young players in too quick can either destroy them or make them. Ross barclay was one who could handle it, hallam hope was one who couldnt. Stuart Gray should know the player better than anyone so we trust he knows much more than we do on this one and has made the correct call.

fowler,owen.rooney

lets give the lad a shot.nothing to lose

how much pressure was rooney under at 16 scoring a blinder against arsenal

Aye - cos they are comparable talents arent they ....