Wiziwig gone

Guest MoscowDave

It's only a matter of time before official live streaming happens. We of course already have live audio for £30 a year. Live video would be worth a £100 au ear to. Lot of people and will make sense to the club.

It is the alternative that people want , I don't think it would compete with going to the match its not the same thing as being there.eg if Wednesday are in a big game that's live on tv I will still go to the ground.

That's a good point. I, for one, would pay for live video as would many other non-UK resident Owls fans, I suspect. If you were worried about locals not going to matches coz a video stream was available, you could make the service available only to foreign IP addresses. UK TV and radio services are already blocked for foreign based users, so it would be easy to do it the other way round. There is a bob or two to be made there if someone had the brains to see it. 

does that include those abroad that use the links to actually watch their team.

or are you offering to pay the air fares from Australia,North America etc etc for them to get here to pay to get into the game?

I think you no answer to that mate, Its no doubt correctly aimed at those who live in Great Britain but just cant be arsed to go and spend some cash at Hillsborough. 

However there generally the first to complain and whinge that Milan isnt spending enough which i find very bizarre.

Guest MoscowDave

The trouble is that I don't think WP is controlled by the club. It is a service provided to all league clubs by an outside organisation, i would imagine. And probably the club can't influence what goes on there too much, or even opt out of it if it wanted to. Does anyone actually know how it works and who runs it? 

That's a good point. I, for one, would pay for live video as would many other non-UK resident Owls fans, I suspect. If you were worried about locals not going to matches coz a video stream was available, you could make the service available only to foreign IP addresses. UK TV and radio services are already blocked for foreign based users, so it would be easy to do it the other way round. There is a bob or two to be made there if someone had the brains to see it. 

This i totally agree with a kind of season ticket for overseas fans at what £200 but shows all home/away games so win win all round.

Best solution would be for Wednesday player to charge £50 or £75 per season,in addition to present subscriptions, and stream all AWAY games live and possibly show home games a couple of hours after they finish.

Best solution would be for Wednesday player to charge £50 or £75 per season,in addition to present subscriptions, and stream all AWAY games live and possibly show home games a couple of hours after they finish.

it'll never be a viable option.

crowd numbers would drop significantly.

Except that we charge £20-30 per match to go and people would even less inclined to pay that if the game was available to watch online.  You'd bankrupt clubs - especially ones that have to rely on gate money to finance themselves.

Or they'd start charging fans less and start paying footballers less. Easy

Although there is certainly a market for supplying ex pats like yourself, I think there is also a big market for uk based owls who can't or don't want to go to every game.eg my 85 year old dad would love a video stream season ticket , he does not live in Sheffield anymore and can't get to live games,

pricing would be an interesting debate. But on the lines of £5 a match if you bought a season ticket or £10 payg seems reasonable.

Although there is certainly a market for supplying ex pats like yourself, I think there is also a big market for uk based owls who can't or don't want to go to every game.eg my 85 year old dad would love a video stream season ticket , he does not live in Sheffield anymore and can't get to live games,

pricing would be an interesting debate. But on the lines of £5 a match if you bought a season ticket or £10 payg seems reasonable.

Get real.

That's not possible if you live 5000 miles away and can only get to a handful of games a season.

If you go to every game, great, but people watching on the internet around the world shouldn't bother you.

I've no problem with viewing via t'internet.  However, anyone doing so should pay the same as someone going to the match.

Most seem to want it for free/next to nowt.

Get real.

I've no problem with viewing via t'internet. However, anyone doing so should pay the same as someone going to the match.

Most seem to want it for free/next to nowt.

you can currently get just about every sports channel going on the Internet for free.

'legalising' all online streaming is near impossible as you'll always have the sites streaming for free anyway.

no one will ever pay the same as a ticket to watch an online stream.

Guest Distraught!

This could not be enforced because UK people could obtain foreign IP's using a proxy if they wanted to.