c'mon milan...

I think it's going to scare a few people just how "realistic" our price tag would have to be to attract any serious interest. Think about it, we're a second division club going nowhere league-wise, we've got infrastructure that is starting to fall apart and will require big investment whether we leave or stay, our corporate structure seems very poor and judging by our last set of accounts we don't make nearly as much as we should from matchday revenue, corporate hospitality etc. Just because we've got loads of fans doesn't mean we're worth anything close to the absolutely laughable price tags that have been suggested.

My enthusiasm for the club is severely waning and I go to matches more out of a sense of duty than anything else, when I went against Wolves last Saturday I felt absolutely dreadful walking in and out. Unfortunately my mood only seems to reflect the general atmosphere at the club, I'm highly sceptical that's there's any sort of plan and even with several clubs below us in the table (obviously excluding crisis clubs like Blackpool or L**ds) you can at least point to some aspect of the club and say that shows a genuinely progressive attitude. Here? I don't see anything particularly progressive, yes the youth academy has improved but considering how abysmal it was before it's not exactly going to set us apart, unlike our porcine neighbours who have done superbly well out of their academy in recent years. Clearly a change is needed, Milan is just about keeping us ticking over during the search for a buyer but the malaise is getting worse and worse in the mean time and the longer we go like this, the more effort it's going to take to lift us out of it, to the point where we going to need more money from a new owner than we're ever going to get unless one of our fans wins 3 EuroMillions in a row.

I think it's going to scare a few people just how "realistic" our price tag would have to be to attract any serious interest. Think about it, we're a second division club going nowhere league-wise, we've got infrastructure that is starting to fall apart and will require big investment whether we leave or stay, our corporate structure seems very poor and judging by our last set of accounts we don't make nearly as much as we should from matchday revenue, corporate hospitality etc. Just because we've got loads of fans doesn't mean we're worth anything close to the absolutely laughable price tags that have been suggested.

My enthusiasm for the club is severely waning and I go to matches more out of a sense of duty than anything else, when I went against Wolves last Saturday I felt absolutely dreadful walking in and out. Unfortunately my mood only seems to reflect the general atmosphere at the club, I'm highly sceptical that's there's any sort of plan and even with several clubs below us in the table (obviously excluding crisis clubs like Blackpool or L**ds) you can at least point to some aspect of the club and say that shows a genuinely progressive attitude. Here? I don't see anything particularly progressive, yes the youth academy has improved but considering how abysmal it was before it's not exactly going to set us apart, unlike our porcine neighbours who have done superbly well out of their academy in recent years. Clearly a change is needed, Milan is just about keeping us ticking over during the search for a buyer but the malaise is getting worse and worse in the mean time and the longer we go like this, the more effort it's going to take to lift us out of it, to the point where we going to need more money from a new owner than we're ever going to get unless one of our fans wins 3 EuroMillions in a row.

Sums up exactly my feelings. Cannot stomach much more of this. Been Wednesdaymad since 1967 but the club is dying on it's arse.

Sums up exactly my feelings. Cannot stomach much more of this. Been Wednesdaymad since 1967 but the club is dying on it's arse.

i'm worried that milan is using the dingle blueprint for championship survival...

ie. one up from the bottom 3 is ok...

3 up from the bottom 3 is a fantastic season...

it's a dangerous game to play, just look at the dings...

Guest Big Guns

Sam Alladyce as sumed it up the amount of money in the premier league is well worth the gamble of spending to get there and to stay there

i'm worried that milan is using the dingle blueprint for championship survival...

I may well agree with you on that being Milan's plan, which makes it all the more amazing how Stu's doing, getting us up to 14th with a chairman who is only interested in us just scraping by year after year.

Add the ongoing Hillsborough enquiry, which I'm someone said will last another 12 months, maybe the current regime is not responsible for what happened 25 years ago but it adds to the uncertainty. If the club is found in some way guilty, is it possible they face unknown costs from the thousands of compensation claims that would presumably follow?

Its a very dangerous game to play , but its clear thats Mandaric`s plan . Spend  as little as possible to achieve forth bottom and just tread water until he can find a mug who will give him the totally unrealistic asking price he wants to sell. The problem with constantly swimming around the plughole is eventually you will be sucked down it . 

Im the same , been going since 73 , season ticket holder for 30 years but im now at the stage where i go because ive already paid for my season ticket. I dont look forward to saturday afternoon anymore ,just turn up knowing what we will be made to suffer 90 minutes of dross . The apathy among the fans now  is something ive not seen before , even when we were down in the pub league , or even during the mid 70`s when we were absolutely arse.  

No doubt we should gamble. Like Blackburn, Leeds and Forest.

these are the get out always stated...

there's a huge difference between spunkin' uber millions on a dozen + new players...

and us having an attacking force capable of scoring a goal per game on average...

or even in our wildest dream one that is actually average for this division... :blakey:

Guest Distraught!

Sam Alladyce as sumed it up the amount of money in the premier league is well worth the gamble of spending to get there and to stay there

What is the average debt of clubs in the Premier League?

The selling of the club is ongoing. There is plenty of interest but most are the usual tyre kickers. Mammadov has no money so can't believe he would have any interest still. There will be someone eventually but we need to have some patience I'm afraid.

We can all spend someone else's money eh? but stop and think for a while about how much debt a lot of Championship sides are in at the side of us. It will become a lot more level playing field soon enough with the clubs who have spent ridiculous money on players and wages to fuel better times having huge problems as it hasn't happened for them. Currently, with our budget, we have to make progress slowly, and we are doing. It's just that we all want it straight away and if will never happen under Milan.

The selling of the club is ongoing. There is plenty of interest but most are the usual tyre kickers. Mammadov has no money so can't believe he would have any interest still. There will be someone eventually but we need to have some patience I'm afraid.

We can all spend someone else's money eh? but stop and think for a while about how much debt a lot of Championship sides are in at the side of us. It will become a lot more level playing field soon enough with the clubs who have spent ridiculous money on players and wages to fuel better times having huge problems as it hasn't happened for them. Currently, with our budget, we have to make progress slowly, and we are doing. It's just that we all want it straight away and if will never happen under Milan.

So we are just waiting to spend someone else's ridiculous money?

You know what I mean...........

Endless posts about MM and that he needs to get his hand in his pocket.

How does anyone on here know his circumstances anyway.......they don't.

Whether he can spend or not, it's up to him as he owns the club. He's trying to sell and no-ones taking the option.

He knows the money realistically needed to get to the PL and has openly admitted he can't do it, so what's he supposed to do. When you here of Blackburn paying Rhodes 40k a week and 100k a week on has beens that won't be in the side and may not get in the playoffs, we're not doing too badly in comparison.

Guest Big Guns

What is the average debt of clubs in the Premier League?

If you stay there it dunt matter even if you get there and go down your sorted for years

Guest Distraught!

If you stay there it dunt matter even if you get there and go down your sorted for years

I really don't think it's that simple.  :biggrin:

Guest Distraught!

why int it?trouser 100 mill go down then come back up then go back down then go back up......

Like Cardiff and Fulham or Bolton.

You basically have three chances to get back up with the help of parachute payments. If your club fails, then you are right royally shafted because when those parachute payments are finished, there's generally no way back aside from perhaps administration and starting again.

Leicester will probably be relegated this season. The parachute payments won't even touch the sides of the debt they are already carrying.