Trevor Francis

Alan Irvine couldnt have failed with the side he inherited

The only good thing about Francis was that his name could attract top players, much like Bryan Robson

Utter testicles, Big Ron managed to get that side relegated.

Francis was fantastic in his first couple of seasons, that was the best football we've played in decades, just a shame he lost the plot towards the end.

We'd could only dream of having that calibre of team right now and i also think that TF was harshly treated by some sections of the fans and by the board by being sacked for finishing 12th or 13th in the Premiership.Any team outside the top 4 of the Premiership today would bite their gonads off to finishing in that position.

Edited by parkfieldowl14

Des Walker

Paul Warhurst

Chris Waddle

Mark Bright

Paul Williams

Not bad signings, what we would give to have players like that now. Also turned town 3.25 million from Man Utd for Hirsty when he was manager. I think we were about 6th in the league when Dave Richards sacked him. 

But i thought he made a mistake in signing Chris Woods, not needed as Pressman was about to break into team.

Des Walker

Paul Warhurst

Chris Waddle

Mark Bright

Paul Williams

Not bad signings, what we would give to have players like that now. Also turned town 3.25 million from Man Utd for Hirsty when he was manager. I think we were about 6th in the league when Dave Richards sacked him. 

But i thought he made a mistake in signing Chris Woods, not needed as Pressman was about to break into team.

Big Ron signed Williams to replace Atkinson-Dalian.

Guest WESTENDOWL

Love Tricky Trev but the thought of not signing Cantona wtffff.

Do you really think he would have been the player  for The Wednesday as he was was for Man Utd don`t forget Howard could`t tame him at L---s 

The team structure was in place and he added to it with quality. Tinkered it along brilliantly.

Then tried to rush the process to it's conclusion and got rid of two many useful players and characters and replaced them with over the odds fees for what in some cases were lesser players. (and no I'm not on about Waddle and Walker before anyone chimes. I'm on about playing reserve centre back Coleman at left back. Letting Worthington walk and buying a right footed left back in Nolan for double the money. Letting Harkes go and spunking a vast fee on Sinton. 

Striking gold putting Warhurst up top. Then trying to repeat the trick at various times with Waddle, Palmer, Bart-Williams etc.

Selling Pearson and replacing him with the Hod carrier.

It was for a short window though some of the most swashbuckling football I have ever seen.

​Then we lost our swash with a load of paceless replacements.

Then Pleat came in to repair it and destroyed it further.

I prefer thinking of Trevor as the fleet footed super sub. What pace and close control at his age.

Edited by Lord Snooty

The team structure was in place and he added to it with quality. Tinkered it along brilliantly.

Then tried to rush the process to it's conclusion and got rid of two many useful players and characters and replaced them with over the odds fees for what in some cases were lesser players. (and no I'm not on about Waddle and Walker before anyone chimes. I'm on about playing reserve centre back Coleman at left back. Letting Worthington walk and buying a right footed left back in Nolan for double the money. Letting Harkes go and spunking a vast fee on Sinton. 

Striking gold putting Warhurst up top. Then trying to repeat the trick at various times with Waddle, Palmer, Bart-Williams etc.

Selling Pearson and replacing him with the Hod carrier.

It was for a short window though some of the most swashbuckling football I have ever seen.

​Then we lost our swash with a load of paceless replacements.

Then Pleat came in to repair it and destroyed it.

I prefer thinking of Trevor as the fleet footed super sub. What pace and close control at his age.

I'd go along with most of this but with Andy Sinton he was also wanted by Arsenal and he was receiving Man of match awards in almost every game for QPR who weren't a bad side themselves. At time me and many other fans thought Sinton was going to be a superstar for us. 

I think letting Pearson was a massive mistake, maybe a bigger one than not signing Cantona, we knew very little of Cantona at time.