Liam Palmer

Guest _Ibbo_

Have to give the lad a big shout out for his performance on saturday. Not really seen any other mentions.

If you watch the highlights, the 1st goal comes from a Palmer pass to Stievie May, where he picks his run out to absolute perfection, with Lee obviously getting the rebound ! 

A few of our other chances also come from that route, Palmer picking up Mays runs.

Edited by _Ibbo_

He aint a bad passer when he gets his eye in.

I think Palmer's passing is generally good, his crossing, however, only occasionally so. Still, he's not the only one whose crossing is frustrating.

I do look forward to there being competition for Palmer's place in the side, even if for no other reason that it may get the best of Palmer himself, but also because it ought to mean that Buxon gets fit and stays fit.

Palmer's come a long long way since that opening game against QPR last season. It was only 15 months ago, but there's been 60-odd appearances from Palmer since then. Still, I do think Buxton is the better right back, albeit with a poor injury record.

Palmer had another stinker on Saturday.

I was praising him to the hilt when he first came in at right back, but overall this season he has seemed to lack a bit of confidence for some reason.

Such a stinker he created out best chances ?

I dispare sometimes.

Voted player of the 2013/14 season!!!!  Can't be as poor as some posters seem to think then can he?  Can never understand why some owls fans seem to pick on a particular player (be it Palmer/Nuhiu/May or whoever) and then constantly slag them off match after match irrespective of performance. Only time I can accept such negative comments are if a player lacks commitment or effort during a match.  them!Lets face it, no player goes out on matchday and plays poorly on purpose!

Come on Owls fans get behind all our players and encourage not discourage

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I think he has been shocking recently.  The way he backed off Dunn in the 90th minute was criminal and could have cost us.  As you say great ball for May but quite frankly he isn't good enough.

Will still support him whenever he is in an Owls shirt though as he is Wednesday through and through!!

I think he has been shocking recently. The way he backed off Dunn in the 90th minute was criminal and could have cost us. As you say great ball for May but quite frankly he isn't good enough.

Will still support him whenever he is in an Owls shirt though as he is Wednesday through and through!!

I was just going to post the same thing. Absolutely criminal. He's been getting away with that kind of backing off and being out of position all season. The tackle has to be made outside the box and there is noway a full back should ever be lettin crosses and shots come in. It's their job to stop it. It has been down to Westwood, Lees and Loovens that his poor defending hasn't been punished more this season. Great ball in the first half, supposed you have to mention that.

From 3:40 watch the defending

http://youtu.be/_TwPuBoqCQE

Voted player of the 2013/14 season!!!! Can't be as poor as some posters seem to think then can he? Can never understand why some owls fans seem to pick on a particular player (be it Palmer/Nuhiu/May or whoever) and then constantly slag them off match after match irrespective of performance. Only time I can accept such negative comments are if a player lacks commitment or effort during a match. them!Lets face it, no player goes out on matchday and plays poorly on purpose!

Come on Owls fans get behind all our players and encourage not discourage

It's because he's making basic defensive errors game after game that you get drilled into you as a 12 year old not to do. You can't back off wingers and allow them to get crosses in or worse get into the box unchallenged. Go through extended highlights of so many of our games and you will see him do it several times a game but luckily it's being cleaned up. We aren't calling him a terrible player just defensively he really needs to improve. As he's being converted from a midfielder to full back he really needs to pick this stuff up and fast. It's common sense to some where he should be stood and that he has to stop balls into the box and tackle outside the area, but he ain't doing it. He's defending more like a winger who is waiting for the full back to come in and make the covering challenge.

Surely you have to see this? I don't think I've seen many people saying he's fcuking sh*t, needs dropping, he's not fit to wear the shirt. It's constructive criticism that he needs to take on board to improve his defensive game. I'm sure the coaching staff will be helping him improve this part of his game anyway. Also with no disrespect in terms of him winning player of the year, there wasn't exactly any competition as we had a relatively poor season filled with loans ad injuries and players only playing half a season. He was pretty much nailed on to get it.

Guest AbbeyOwl

Get some right lemmings on here apparently this is supporting him

'I think he has been shocking recently.  The way he backed off Dunn in the 90th minute was criminal and could have cost us.  As you say great ball for May but quite frankly he isn't good enough'.