They want Madine on a permanent deal.

Guest Gershwin

Letting him go to Coventry for nowt would just about sum up our misguided transfer policy. Penny pinch to the extent of jeopardising our championship future, but continue to undersell our younger players. His age, and the fact that he got 20 goals in his last full season means he really should be worth a bob or two. Why bother keeping him on when he was incarcerated if we were just going to let him run down his contract.

Does anyone know if Wednesday suspended his pay whilst he was at Her Majesty's pleasure? Wednesday would have been entitled to stop paying him as Madine would have been unable to fulfill his side of the contract. But did we?

If I remember correctly we did but I don't know what my source was at the time but I feel the club made a statement to this effect.

Thanks. Presume he didn't pick up win bonuses!

Edited by Gershwin

I think he could still bag a few goals at championship level but sadly I just don't see it being with us. Coventry will probably be looking to get promoted from League 1 this season or next and he'd be a good signing for them. Whereas we need to be looking for better players to try push ourselves up a division

I think he could still bag a few goals at championship level but sadly I just don't see it being with us. Coventry will probably be looking to get promoted from League 1 this season or next and he'd be a good signing for them. Whereas we need to be looking for better players to try push ourselves up a division

I don't think there's any doubt that we need to be looking at better players, but the fact is we won't be. We'll continue to plod along borrowing any old has been on a monthly basis. Keep him, until we bring in better.