What would be the top 10 Sheffield Wednesday memorabilia items ?

Guest wayne foster

I have programme, table napkins, meal menu and tickets from 66 Cup Final and Wembey train journey. Also have a framed boxing day massacre collection which includes a photo of each goal and celebration, team sheet and signed by every Wednesday player.

Be good to have the Cromwell Cup (back) won in 1868 !

CromwellCup_zps5f0302b1-1.jpg

Didn't someone say that cup is in Milan's office?

Yeah think it is

Used to be in the directors boardroom

Cromwell Cup, has it been found yet ?

As I keep saying every time this subject comes up and people speculate we 'lost' it, the Crowell Cup is in MM's office, along with the Rumbelows Cup, the Play Off Final Trophy, Promotion Cup, etc, etc...

I even posted a picture of it in there in a thread about it a couple of weeks back. :)

Taken from another thread:

In terms of a museum, this is something I/we tried to explore a couple of times but the club seemingly are just not interested in currently. I understand some people cited things like the SUFC museum (must be a broom cupboard with notable cobwebs?) which just don't get visited enough to make them viable and end up costing a fortune apparently. However, if you saw how the club treat old artefacts and our history you would be absolutely ashamed. There is a dark breeze-block walled walk-in cupboard in a back room packed from floor to ceiling with unlabelled boxes full of the most wonderful things you could imagine. The Rumbelows Cup and Cromwell Cup were stuffed in here until Milan wanted them on display... in his office.

Things in there that immediately spring to mind include Derek Dooley's boots and 'This is your life' red book (was loaned to the National Football Museum for the League's 125th birthday exhibition, I believe), mini-tournament cups from around the world, medals, old kits, England caps for various players, gifts from other clubs, a presentation knife/plaque given to Hillsborough for hosting Euro '96.. There is even old film canisters of things like the 1925 FA Cup final, the Hillsborough games from World Cup '66, Paintings of the ground and historical figures, signed play-off final shirts, etc, all just rotting away and not being kept properly.

The worst thing... None of it is even catalogued or arranged. Nobody has a clue exactly what is in there and it is all stacked in ways that would make you cringe with stuff possibly getting broken all the time. An example of how bad it is: The club bought an old medal a number of years ago with the promise/understanding/caveat (that the family had, at least) that the medal would be on display and the family of the medal winner could arrange to visit it. When they tried to arrange this a year or two ago nobody knew what it was, where it was, whether we still had it. The family were fobbed off a number of times, but kept asking through sheer tenacity. Eventually they were told that 'it probably got lost in the floods'. A couple of months later someone happened to find it in the history cupboard of death.

The idea of getting one of the club historians to catalogue it cropped up every few months, but it never got done (unless it has been done in the last few months).

Guest Gershwin

A picture of the bloke below (middle) leaving Hillsborough for the last time. Would have pride of place on my mantle piece. Preferably view from back.

dave_richards_1865407c.jpg