Are we in debt?

The fact that MM had had to, on several occasions borrow money against the Stadium from Terry Brown is in my opinion a massive concern.

Pretty sure we are due to make a payment around the turn of the New Year to pay back part of the millions we owe Terry Brown.

Goodbye Westwood in the Transfer Window I reckon.....

Really couldn't give a monkeys if we are or not, if Wednesday went bust tomorrow a little piece of me would die inside but it wouldn't really effect my life in the big scheme of things, apart from the fact I'd have a few more quid each month to spend in one of the supermarkets they'd build where the ground or training ground used to be.

The fact that MM had had to, on several occasions borrow money against the Stadium from Terry Brown is in my opinion a MASSIVE concern.

Pretty sure we are due to make a payment around the turn of the New Year to pay back part of the millions we owe Terry Brown.

Goodbye Westwood in the Transfer Window I reckon.....

I don't know the full details but Im aware of the stadium being used against further loans. As you know I loathed the last regime as much as you did, but I don't think even this happened under them. 

Sadly, it is pretty certain that the debt will accrue. Interest is compound on debt and this is a slow, slippery slope to disaster. The Chairman is looking now to possibly break even if he was to sell up at a reasonable price.

MM has a lot of factors stacking against him and we must hope he remains strong mentally throughout this period - although some may say he has lost his marbles already. 

I have said it before and I say it again - don't be fooled, Milan Mandaric works in very mysterious ways.

And to those doubters, a glass (or two) of red wine everyday WILL improve your health......

Sadly, it is pretty certain that the debt will accrue. Interest is compound on debt and this is a slow, slippery slope to disaster. The Chairman is looking now to possibly break even if he was to sell up at a reasonable price.

MM has a lot of factors stacking against him and we must hope he remains strong mentally throughout this period - although some may say he has lost his marbles already. 

I have said it before and I say it again - don't be fooled, Milan Mandaric works in very mysterious ways.

And to those doubters, a glass (or two) of red wine everyday WILL improve your health......

Prefer Chianti.

but perhaps made it a more appealing prospect?

how does it make an appealing investment /prospect if you buying a club for xx millions and  all they own is there name .......leicester may have played in a shiny new stadium  but they didnt own it and when the new bloke down there bought off mandaric all he was buying was a football club with no real assets ...... we may be a rubbish side but one thing we do have is a stadium & training  ground and that as got to be worth more than leicester had ...... but that aside how this all came about is are sheff wed worth 40 million and  going on what  mandaric  got for leicester then we probably are .

Edited by torryowl

i dont know but they were bought and we are still in limbo.

If we take our blue tinted glasses off all that is left is potential fan base and a ground that needs a fair bit of work doing.

Add to that we are miles from London and have no real links with any nations of wealth in the Sheffield region.

Its easy to see why clubs such as Charlton are a lot more attractive to foreign investors.

The whole of the Yorkshire region upwards has seen no real foreign long term massive investment the 2 Manchester clubs aside and thats down more to branding. Even look at Evertons lack of major investment.

Two out of how many? Hardly makes up for all the reliance on loanees, many of whom are shocking. With a few exceptions, like the ones we had last season who kept up up.

All the ever lasting waiting around doing everything during the season and making a pig's ear of the summer each season, having to play catch up every season,will catch up with us eventually. The back five are Championship level quality but the budget, resources and players Gray has to work with would be average in League 1 at best.

We're lucky we've over-achieved this much but inevitably eventually in the long run if this policy of doing it on the cheap continues our luck will run out.

In addition to Westwood and Lees, we have also signed Stevie May, Sam Hutchinson, Claude Dielna, and Dejan Kelhar. Liam Palmer signed a 4 yr deal in March and Glen Loovens signed on for a year. That to me hardly supports your claim that "Each year our recruitment gets worse and worse". I suggest you look at the list of players we released in the close season, compare it with the players we have brought in, and see if your view remains the same.

As for reliance on loan players, only 3 of the 18 players in the Huddersfield squad were loans, and two of those were substituted. Look at the game time for our loan signings this season. Yet you believe that we have relied on loans. If, as you say, many of the loans are shocking, how can we possibly be relying on these same people? 

Instead of generalizing, perhaps you could provide the evidence to back up your statements e.g. who are all these bad signings we have added to the first team squad?

It is unrealistic to expect all signings, whether permanent or temporary, to add value to the team. I think that our recruitment so far this season has given the club a much better foundation upon which to build for the future. Whether that happens in the short term is almost entirely down to MM and the backing he gives to SG.

Finally, you suggest that "…if this policy of doing it on the cheap continues our luck will run out". This I find your most puzzling comment in that I cannot remember getting this luck.

In addition to Westwood and Lees, we have also signed Stevie May, Sam Hutchinson, Claude Dielna, and Dejan Kelhar. Liam Palmer signed a 4 yr deal in March and Glen Loovens signed on for a year. That to me hardly supports your claim that "Each year our recruitment gets worse and worse". I suggest you look at the list of players we released in the close season, compare it with the players we have brought in, and see if your view remains the same.

As for reliance on loan players, only 3 of the 18 players in the Huddersfield squad were loans, and two of those were substituted. Look at the game time for our loan signings this season. Yet you believe that we have relied on loans. If, as you say, many of the loans are shocking, how can we possibly be relying on these same people? 

Instead of generalizing, perhaps you could provide the evidence to back up your statements e.g. who are all these bad signings we have added to the first team squad?

It is unrealistic to expect all signings, whether permanent or temporary, to add value to the team. I think that our recruitment so far this season has given the club a much better foundation upon which to build for the future. Whether that happens in the short term is almost entirely down to MM and the backing he gives to SG.

Finally, you suggest that "…if this policy of doing it on the cheap continues our luck will run out". This I find your most puzzling comment in that I cannot remember getting this luck.

You're obviously on the wind up if you even have to ask, after putting some of the dross we signed in your comment. lol

Now I see why you go around voting people's posts up or down and rarely comment anything on here.

To be fair to Stevie May, he's young and got potential, he's no instant Antonio replacement or answer to our attacking problems though.

Sam Hutchinson is a decent player but his injury record makes him a questionable signging, when you consider our small squad and resources, why waste what little budget we have on injury prone players who rarely play at all? Claude Dielna has barely played. Dejan Kelhar was gone quicker than he arrived. Last season we took chances on the likes of Howard and Sidibe, this season we took a chance on GTF. In the past we've brought in the likes of Bothroyd and disrupted the squad. A lot of those have offered very little, whereas we all know the effect the likes of Barkley, Wickham, Fryatt, Antonio and Best had whilst brought in on loan. Very few of them are brought in permanently after doing so well on loan, so it disrupts the squad even more, when time and time again we are having to fill up huge gaps in our squad with loanees and freebies. It's not easy to bring in the right players even if we had a better budget but it's a lot harder when constantly relying on the free market and the loanee market. It didn't seem like wise business to me to get rid of Antonio for little if any profit, and then bring in a young untried player at this level from the Scottish Premier League, only to build our attacking formation around him and put a lot of pressure on to him. It didn't seem like good business to stick by Madine, only to loan him out and now it looks like we will get next to nothing back in return on him, when we are desperately short of attacking options. Looking at our strikers, none of them look good enough for this level, or are not yet ready and have potential like May and Lavery.

My biggest issue with our transfer policy since promotion is the way we seem to dither around during the summer, and then having to play catch up during the season bringing in numerous players in on loan to fill up gaps of our squad, that we should fill up with our own players before the season starts. Loanees can aid a Football League team, we all know that but for the few successes each season, which we rely on, there are numerous failures and baffling loanees brought in that make little or no impact at all or don't even play much whilst here or are played out of position. To me it suggests that this scattergun transfer policy of ours and the way MM wants to do it on the cheap, eventually I can see it catching up with us, as we won't always be so lucky in the desperate and risky loanee market, we won't always get a Wickham, Fryatt or Antonio that come in on loan and have an instant and huge impact  and bail us out during the season. The same can be said of the freebies, although I do acknowledge how well Westwood and Lees have done, but we won't always pick up players of their ilk on free transfers. It's up to you if you believe everything MM says or if you think he's doing well for our club, but at the end of the day people who disagree with some of the things he says and with his methods and his transfer policy of doing things on the cheap, just want the best for the club too.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

Leicester still owe money on there nice new stadium.

Even in the state Hillsborough is in, its equity as is the training ground (which is second to none at this level) 

Our losses are covered by MM.

Which up until the end of this season FFP allows them to be to the tune of £8m. After that its fines and Embargo's of which a few in the league will be hit with in January.

Its fair to say that he should spend this that and the other, its also fair to say that it was spending this that and the other that put us on the edge of extinction, does anyone really want that again?

The guy has been honest and said he needs someone else to come in and take us to the next level, he cannot make people want to buy us, bigger crowds at bottom games for a start would make us more of an attractive proposition. 

I think your pushing it with second to none, it's probably one of worst training grounds and well behind most of the others in the Championship as well as some in Lg1 & 2.

Maybe its also one of reason's players turn down moves if they have a choice. They spend alot of time there you'd think they would want the best facilities that they can get.

Any major investment in SWFC should be in this part of the club imo. Sell off your current location and build a new one.

I think your pushing it with second to none, it's probably one of worst training grounds and well behind most of the others in the Championship as well as some in Lg1 & 2.

Maybe its also one of reason's players turn down moves if they have a choice. They spend alot of time there you'd think they would want the best facilities that they can get.

Any major investment in SWFC should be in this part of the club imo. Sell off your current location and build a new one.

whats up with the training ground ?........have you been to all the other championship clubs training grounds to make that comparison ?.......and if you think players dont sign for us because they dont like  the training ground you must be a looney , the same ground that attracted waddle, woods, walker, hirst, nilsson .palmer , sheridan .etc etc .

whats up with the training ground ?........have you been to all the other championship clubs training grounds to make that comparison ?.......and if you think players dont sign for us because they dont like  the training ground you must be a looney , the same ground that attracted waddle, woods, walker, hirst, nilsson .palmer , sheridan .etc etc .

I've been to the majority and like I say yours is well behind.

The games moved on twenty years since the players you mentioned trained, back then academies and training centres didn't exsist, only for the very richest and they weren't anything special.

Howard Wilkinson was the pathfinder in the academy world and his vision back then with Thorpe Arch is now the model for most clubs.

Have a look at Derbys, Boro's, Blackburn's, Bolton's, Leeds', Huddersfield, Forest, Wolves, Norwich to name a few, and you'll see what I mean.

I've not been to Rotherham's but certainly in South Yorkshire, Barnsley and Sheff Utd have better training complexes than yourselves.

I don't think anyone who visits Middlewood Road would disagree with me.

And yes, before any posts, you do own it though.

Edited by just visiting

Unfortunately most of this post is true.