Stevie May- trying too hard?

goalscoring is a knack that you don't lose if you have it , yes you can try to hard and yes you have barren spells but you more than make up for it when the lucky one goes in and breaks the spell , may will come good just needs the ball to nestle in the net for the start of things ,He has all the right movement and can score a proved the nets are the same size down here as they are north of the border ,

I agree with this.

He's got something about him. 

On a few occasions in the first half he worked himself into a bit of space and was unlucky with a scuffed shot or a block by 'Uddersfield.

To cap it off he hit a fantastic shot that on any other day would have gone in. 

I feel sorry for him, insofar as he's playing in a side which creates very little and I'm certain that he'd have 5,6 more goals if he was playing in team who are better going forward. 

[i think May will do ok in time but his lack of pace worries me, Lavery is a better player going on last seasons performancesI can think of loads of prolific goalscorers over the years who lacked pace.

Different times now though mate, it's the first thing clubs look for. You won't find many sides in the top divisions without pace up front.

I can't fault May's attitude. He's definitely no sulker and although he appears to enjoy the physical side of the game he doesn't appear to lose his cool.

He hasn't had the best of service or luck, but I reckon he's our best chance of scoring. With time and a change of fortune I could see Stevie May turning into a real asset for our team. Alongside Westwood and Lees, May could turn into another cracking signing by SG.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Agree with the OP.  He is snatching at his chances at the moment.  Needs one in off the arse and then he will go on a run I think.

goalscoring is a knack that you don't lose if you have it , yes you can try to hard and yes you have barren spells but you more than make up for it when the lucky one goes in and breaks the spell , may will come good just needs the ball to nestle in the net for the start of things ,He has all the right movement and can score a proved the nets are the same size down here as they are north of the border ,

i hope youre right trevi, i'm hoping he will come good too but currently he's like a dog chasing an empty greggs bag round hillsborough park at the moment..... :rolleyes:

i hope youre right trevi, i'm hoping he will come good too but currently he's like a dog chasing an empty greggs bag round hillsborough park at the moment..... :rolleyes:

Fair comment lytham mate and I can see why you think it, but possibly he is chasing the ball as the service isn't always there my way would be to tell him to stay up front where he can cause damage and not run all over the place this is where he falls down so to speak,but the lad is only young and has time to learn providing our Stuart isn't telling him to chase back ,As I said I the other post he has all the attributes , (well except pace) but if he has the brain which I think he has he can use that to his advantage if in the right place and with the right service as an ex forward myself I take great interest in our strikeforce and think tbh we could have a gem in the making ,if I am wrong I will hold my hands up , lol

Fair comment lytham mate and I can see why you think it, but possibly he is chasing the ball as the service isn't always there my way would be to tell him to stay up front where he can cause damage and not run all over the place this is where he falls down so to speak,but the lad is only young and has time to learn providing our Stuart isn't telling him to chase back ,As I said I the other post he has all the attributes , (well except pace) but if he has the brain which I think he has he can use that to his advantage if in the right place and with the right service as an ex forward myself I take great interest in our strikeforce and think tbh we could have a gem in the making ,if I am wrong I will hold my hands up , lol

I think youre bang on there trevi 100%

The lads workrate is epic and he deserves some end product. I just hope he doesn't get sold to forest and suddenly become a 20 goal a season man!!!!

hes the best we've got.  improve the service and players around him and he'll deliver.

cant expect 20 goals with him running back and relying on service from our midfield.

Drenthe's the best creatively but thinks hes Ricky Villa and tries to take on the world and then does a JJ Row Z or weak shot cos hes knackered.