We need a manager

Yep exactly.

Thats why im hoping the reason he hasnt taken a job is because he still feels he has unfinished business here. Lets hope Milan sells soon.

Megson will almost certainly be financialy secure (bar a coke, gambling, prozy addiction). He's been out of the game for a nearly two years.

He's been treated very badly by the club, that literally defines his family. He came at the right time, right club, wrong  decisons by chairman.

He ain't gonna come back or is suitable to come back. Might takes years to get the right man for the job.

Charlton/Wilkinson/Atkinson/Megson

4 managers in my 35 years of watching SWFC, that could take us back to the top.

For new supporters, those with short memories, or stupid, it difficult to remember what calibre of manager/s was required (the last time) to drag this club back into the top division.

Jack Charlton: Irelands Most successful World Cup manager

Howard Wilkinson: Last English Manager to win the English Championship

That why idiots like the Owlstalk administrator don't understand the regret regarding Megsons departutre. Geniune Wednesday fans believed we had a manager that could be a part of of return to the top.

He wasn't even taking us up from league one.

Did a good job bottoming us out but Dave Jones took us up.

You're missing the fact that I believed in Megson at first too

But then I saw what was happening and hearing what was going on behind the scenes, and there was literally zero chance of it working out hence why when he left it was not only inevitable but also for the best for all concerned including Megson.

There was -273 chance of Abramovich taking Mourinho back, and it working out.

Until of cause Abramovich realised that he couldn't get anyone better, anyone better to take his club forward.

Will all respect to Gray, it isn't going to work out, so we'll try again, with another.

Maybe Shezza, as another thread suggested, maybe one from Europe, who knows.

Guest Gershwin
"We need a manager"

No, we don't. We've got one.

What we don't need is a stupid thread about sacking Gray. Or harking back to previous managers.

Our problem isn't Gray, May, McGugan, Sammy Yu or Wednesdayite. Our problem is expectation. Too many fans are still living in the 2 cup finals era. Football has moved on, and passed us, at a pace, and many still haven't twigged on. Mid table Championship is now an achievement.

Get used to it, quick.

"We need a manager"

No, we don't. We've got one.

What we don't need is a stupid thread about sacking Gray. Or harking back to previous managers.

Surprise Surprise,

A Gershwin post telling others, what opinions he believes others shouldn't have.

It took Mortimer at least 5000k posts before he became like this.

How do you think Gray will turn this around, Gerr?

Guest Gershwin

Surprise Surprise,

A Gershwin post telling others, what opinions he believes others shouldn't have.

It took Mortimer at least 5000k posts before he became like this.

How do you think Gray will turn this around, Gerr?

Not all posters. Just silly ones. If the caps fits.........

Guest Gershwin

is gershwin the easily offended fanny from the other day?

You clearly can't read.

Nor can you take the hint. You've not the slightest chance of me taking your bait. More experienced than you, stronger than you, sharper than you, and spat out better than you for breakfast.

Gersy,

I keep hearing other posters mention a time when our club nearly went in administration, something to do with debts & the CO-Op bank. Hulley, Culley & Bulley,  Stafford and another character called Mandaric.

I keep hearing this naughty lot talk about managerial changes, Irvine, Megson and a bloke called Jones.

It all very confusing for me.  

Please can you write a really long thread explaining it all.

Guest Gershwin

Personally I think we're doing okay. It's easy at this moment in time to criticise because we aren't scoring, but have we consistently played any better in the last 10 years? I think SG is doing a good job and with a bit of luck and a little more confidence in front of goal we'd be much higher in the league.

Yes.......and we really should have won today. Unlucky.

can't help feeling Megson could have been good for us given the right players he wanted and in the long run He took WB up twice and into Europe so has the pedigree,and lets be fair he isn't the only one to fall out with ours at the top ,rumour has it that a certain manager at Leicester suffered the same fate ,But be that as it may it's all in the past we are where we are and I can't see Megson returning so we will plod on regardless where ever it takes us ,