We need a manager

Personally I think we're doing okay. It's easy at this moment in time to criticise because we aren't scoring, but have we consistently played any better in the last 10 years? I think SG is doing a good job and with a bit of luck and a little more confidence in front of goal we'd be much higher in the league.

IT'S PLAYERS WE NEED PAL: GRAYS DOING WELL WITH THE poo HE'S GOT.

Correct. you can only keep polishing a turd for so long . The real problem is not the manager , its our tight arse owner. Gray wasnt my choice as manager , ive stated that on here many times, but who else would come in and do any better with the garbage they have to work with. changing the manager wont make any difference what so ever. 

The worst thing I saw today. We had a free kick. Inside huddersfields half, under Megson we would have had everyone on the 18 yard line pressing the opposition and would put the ball in the box and try and fashion a chance from the second phase of play at worse.

Under Gray. The ball was passed back to the defence, played in a nice pattern until we promptly lost it.

At least under Megson we had actual tactics and we're trying everything to score. And had a actual game plan as well.

Edited by _Ibbo_

but who else would come in and do any better with the garbage they have to work with. changing the manager wont make any difference what so ever.

Dave Jones famous last words. It worked for Gray didn't it?

We have gone from attacking teams at the beginning of the season too defending and sitting back.

Can't lay blame on the players for that. Its tactical.

I don't want Gray to go, but he needs to change tactics.

Oh the naivety! Look at the players today. Any other team would've won 4-1, but Gray doesn't understand the attacking part of the game

Exactly. Look at the players. He played all our attacking players and none of them could get a goal. How can you blame gray for that?

Dave Jones famous last words. It worked for Gray didn't it?

We have gone from attacking teams at the beginning of the season too defending and sitting back.

Can't lay blame on the players for that. Its tactical.

I don't want Gray to go, but he needs to change tactics.

We didn't sit back today at all?

We need Gray, with someone to help him tactically. You take gray away and you take away the spirit. Get someone alongside him who can read the game, as its apparent Gray can't.

Two issues though; 1) would Gray accept the help, and 2) is MM happy to plod ?

Theres no question to 1) , hes been an assistant all his career. I think Gray would actually welcome a true manager now, he must be feeling the pressure.

All comes down to MM. Dont expect him to act yet as he rarely does until he has to. Expect more like Jan/Feb time a change could be made.

The worst thing I saw today. We had a free kick. Inside huddersfields half, under Megson we would have had everyone on the 18 yard line pressing the opposition and would put the ball in the box and try and fashion a chance from the second phase of play at worse.

Under Gray. The ball was passed back to the defence, played in a nice pattern until we promptly lost it.

At least under Megson we had actual tactics and we're trying everything to score. And had a actual game plan as well.

Agreed, we have no game plan whatsoever apart from "give it a good go". Its put the players out and hope for the best, we're getting far to little from our attacking players because they arent utilised right.

If youre in a sunday league side and unsure of your teams style of play it wouldnt be easy to play your best would it?

Gray gets them trying hard enough and solid defensively but apart from that we're pretty useless now.

We need a Waddle type coach too take training 2 or 3 times a week practice set pieces practice crossing and so on . Gray & Bullen are great at organising and defence but lack that attacking mentality .

And you know that because?????