Striker refused move but deal agreed

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Hopefully we have a couple of back up targets that are half decent.

Can't wait to see who they are.

Be difficult to get someone on loan better quality than who we have though. Not many prolific goalscorers available on loan, obviously.

Guest wilyfox

I'd be surprised if it was. Stoke aren't blessed with vast striking options. Those they have are either starting games or ready to come off the bench - the exception being Odemwingie, who is still injured. Walters started their last game and scored...

Edited by wilyfox

Get's me how players want to stay and 'fight for their place' when there is zero chance of it happening, LM coming here from Watford was a refreshing change to see, here we have a player coming here and wanting games, and I'm sure he had loads of offers, fantastic, love that desire.

Dexter Blackstock refusing to go to the pigs, joking aside, that would be a great move for both parties but he just wants to sit and rot on the sidelines? just weird how some players mentality are nowadays.

Guest wilyfox

The Blackstock one does surprise me. He has spent a considerable amount of time out injured during his career; so when he is fit to play, I'd have thought he would be chomping at the bit for first-team football.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Get's me how players want to stay and 'fight for their place' when there is zero chance of it happening, LM coming here from Watford was a refreshing change to see, here we have a player coming here and wanting games, and I'm sure he had loads of offers, fantastic, love that desire.

Dexter Blackstock refusing to go to the pigs, joking aside, that would be a great move for both parties but he just wants to sit and rot on the sidelines? just weird how some players mentality are nowadays.

It's a blow to someones ego... it's them admitting that they're not good enough for the Premiership and have to move down a level to get a game.. It's not an easy thing for some of them to come to terms with.

Especially when the motivation is not there as they can sit on their arses receiving a full wage.

After having their egos massaged with lots of money from a young age it's tough to admit that they need to move down a level.

Their motivation to play has got to be bigger than their emotions, I can imagine it's a tough decision for them especially if their mates are at the club.

Think how hard it is for us ordinairy mortals to move jobs and start off relationships with new co workers. It;s much easier for them to say " no thanks Ill stay where I am and fight for my place" ...  they are no different from the rest of us in that sense.

Guest wilyfox

The odds have to be stacked against. If we were declined yday for one player, the chances of lining up an alternative the following day are probably slim, despite Gray's hopes.

The odds have to be stacked against. If we were declined yday for one player, the chances of lining up an alternative the following day are probably slim, despite Gray's hopes.

Sadly it's looking that way again Maybe we should try negotiating with targets simultaneously, just a thought

Guest wilyfox

Maybe we should try negotiating with targets simultaneously, just a thought

He probably has. Truth is, when you ponce off other clubs things don't always fall into place when you want them. I'm sure we'll pursue others between now and Thursdays deadline.

Guest wilyfox

Leo Fortune West

Sources tell me #swfc are trying to conclude a loan deal for Nicky Maynard

He's not in Cardiff's squad tonight, so it's possible...

Edited by wilyfox