Striker refused move but deal agreed

Guest wilyfox

I'd rather they spurn our interest than turn up and give a half-hearted effort like Bothroyd did. At least it's an honest "no". Onto the next one, Stu...

I'd rather they spurn our interest than turn up and give a half-hearted effort like Bothroyd did. At least it's an honest "no". Onto the next one, Stu...

Its got to be us that's doing something wrong if we're honest.  This must be the fifth or sixth striker to turn us down. 

No striker wants to sign for a team that doesn't create chances. If someone wants to go on loan they want to do what's right for themselves. Strikers to play where they can showcase their attacking skills. Something they won't be doing here.

Kinda agree thats what they might be thinking when they see our recent scoring record.

Possibly Vaz Te?

Guest wilyfox

Its got to be us that's doing something wrong if we're honest.  This must be the fifth or sixth striker to turn us down.

It's the second player Gray has revealed chose to stay and fight for his place - could even be a second attempt for the same player, for all we know. Other rejections have been clubs refusing to let certain players out at the time.

No striker wants to sign for a team that doesn't create chances. If someone wants to go on loan they want to do what's right for themselves. Strikers to play where they can showcase their attacking skills. Something they won't be doing here.

Money talks. Offer enough and they'll come. 

Kinda agree thats what they might be thinking when they see our recent scoring record.

Possibly Vaz Te?

Vaz Te is a top player and I think ideal for what we need. Vaz Te for me his best position is out wide rather than an out and out striker. My worry is it's clear Gray is looking for a striker and not a winger.

It's the second player Gray has revealed chose to stay and fight for his place - could even be a second attempt for the same player, for all we know. Other rejections have been clubs refusing to let certain players out at the time.

Nah.  More than just two have turned us down - at least four have. 

Money talks. Offer enough and they'll come.

Loans don't work like that. You pay a percentage more often than not as clubs are hoping it puts them in the shop window.

I'm sure that's about the fourth striker to say no. To me the only answer is we don't create chances. Strikers don't want to come and play to their strengths and we don't do that.

Gray said deal was agreed with club - so we did offer enough.

We have to contribute something towards the player wages and I think its up to the player to agree total terms with parent and loaning club.  Roger Johnson apparently took a hit to play for us - that could have easily been us or Wolves not making up his salary. 

I'm just playing devil's advocate but there does appear to be a theme emerging with us trying to sign strikers on loan. 

Loans don't work like that. You pay a percentage more often than not as clubs are hoping it puts them in the shop window.

I'm sure that's about the fourth striker to say no. To me the only answer is we don't create chances. Strikers don't want to come and play to their strengths and we don't do that.

See my reply to wilyfox

Could be a number of things ! Players who don't want to relocate , players who think they can fight back into there clubs first 11

Any premiership striker who you could argue may be available for loan has been in or around the matchday squads for there clubs