England or Sheffield Wednesday?

Club over country? No wonder the countries in such a state....Millions died for our country, they didnt do it for club...this forum makes me sick sometimes.

Maybe you would be better off directing this towards the players and clubs that have constantly put themselves and their clubs ahead of their country in recent years which has resulted in so many supporters becoming disillusioned with our national team.

Club.

Wednesday don't force me to travel to London and pay £40 to sit in a soulless bowl..watching players earn thousands per kick of the ball. The alternative being to sit at home, watch Adrian Chiles sweat more than Rooney and Townsend point the obvious. 'If neither team scores today Clive I can see this being a draw'.

Guest Distraught!

I know that I live overseas but there are times these days when I don't even know England are playing - nor particularly care. 

The same cannot be said of Wednesday.

Obviously its Wednesday for us all (silly question really ) , and , i may be old school , but i find it quite sad really the amount of people saying they couldnt give a f@ck about their national team.

I understand what you're saying, but I dont feel any connection to these pampered millionaires.

The recent debarcal were Sterling refused to play for his country because he was tired

I wouldn't have picked him ever again

And another thing, playing for your country should be a honour, and should be done for free.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

those saying they don't care about England etc etc, are typical of this country. whilst I too prefer Wednesday I will always want my national side to do well whether they are world beaters or whipping boys. I know its fashionable these days to slag them off and say your not bothered but every other nation gets behind their country whatever they do, why do we have to be different.

and on a side note the game last Saturday I attended at Wembley , though not a classic was at least just about value for money. I cant remember the last time ive felt that after watching Wednesday. at the moment with how utterly soul destroying we are im just enjoying watching some half decent football

Wednesday.... I honestly couldn't give a flying f**k about England.

Sadly I think some of the England players couldn't either, probably one of the reasons why so many people are losing interest with them.

Can tell with the way the fans at Wembley and the players 'sing' the national anthem. If anyone saw the rugby on Saturday you'd see true passion and what it means to support/represent the national team.

The England football team are a joke and The FA aren't much better.

I understand what you're saying, but I dont feel any connection to these pampered millionaires.

The recent debarcal were Sterling refused to play for his country because he was tired

I wouldn't have picked him ever again

And another thing, playing for your country should be a honour, and should be done for free.

Equally i get what you,re saying hootie..........................but i didnt "feel" a connection with players like Bothroyd , Jonk , De Bilde , Olifinjana etc etc , but it didnt stop me supprting them and wanting them to win.

I agree about Sterling , but that is down to the national manager to identify anyone who is more interested in the money and prospective sponsorship deals than the badge , and select accordingly.

Lastly , and i may be wrong , but im sure i read somewhere that England players give most of their fee to charity these days.

Proud to support both equally

Always have and always will

Anyone who says otherwise is a complete and utter sewer rat in my eyes.

The people who are just saying Wednesday probably never go and will be the first with those awful car flags on come the euros and world cups.

This is and has never been mutually exclusive. We should be proud to support both.