What's your memories of TERRY CURRAN ?

Guest Gazzaswfc

My best memory is of the goal at the Lane, I was on the United end (me and a few thousand other Wednesdayites) and we all went completely barmy when he scored.

Sadly, my 2nd best memory is being at a reserve game at Hillsborough on a Tuesday night when it was announced he'd signed for United.

Couldn't believe it, was genuinely gutted

Another blatant lie, I've read many a time on Bluntmad that not a single Wednesday fan set foot on the Shoreham that day.

How very dare you …. lol 

Guest sotonowl

I'm sat in the south,Currans just had a set to with a defender and he's walking backward with the defender walking towards him and he spit in the defenders face,not pretty.

Guest Barney's Bar

you young uns seen nothing %50 of shoreham that day let any blade deny that and they are liers ,Can remember stood at back all you couid see all way down Hands clapping NEVER FELT MORE LIKE SINGING THE BLUES after game they waited till all owls went past we took the poxy ground.

Had a full block at back of Kop if I remember correctly ! ?

the video does seem to show a lot of people in United's main stand celebrating our goal.  I wonder if them blades are really Owls .............

As well as usual bramall lane end we was allocated half of john street stand and terrace, plus we had about a third of shoreham and a large area of South stand towards shoreham end was full of Wednesday fans. 

Attendance was well over 40,000 and I'd say 50% were Wednesday fans maybe a few more. 

As well as usual bramall lane end we was allocated half of john street stand and terrace, plus we had about a third of shoreham and a large area of South stand towards shoreham end was full of Wednesday fans. 

Attendance was well over 40,000 and I'd say 50% were Wednesday fans maybe a few more. 

Attendence was just over 46,000 that day.

Guest Gazzaswfc

His goal & celebration are iconic ive got that shirt now with 11 on the back for me the best wednesday shirt ever also remember his interview after the game on match of the day sayin about stamping on kenworthy foot sayin " I may have taped him a bit " the man his a total Wednesday legend

What a great character and a great player for Wednesday. I'm glad I was around to see him play for us.

My fondest memory of him was down at Hillsborough vs West Ham Utd, and who was their left full back to mark T.C. that day?.......non other than the legendary hard man Julian wee pipe's, who I might add, could play a bit also.

T.C. was unplayable that day and ran wee pipe's ragged all afternoon. So much so, there was one instance where T.C. left him for dead and then waited with his foot on the ball for wee pipe's to get back in position, only to beat him yet again.How on earth T.C. wasn't broken in two by wee pipe's that day I'll never know,as he was forever getting sent off for those types of tackles.

It's pretty similar to what we see at home now from our wingers..............

My guess is that you are thinking of a game against Chelsea that finished 0-0 despite Curran's brilliance that day. The full-back, if I recall correctly, was Dennis Rofe. 

My personal favourite was one in the 79-80 promotion season. It was spring 1980 I think and it was in a thrashing of somebody. TC waltzed around the Keeper, slow walked the ball in to the net before swinging on the back of the net bang in front of us on the leppings lane. Pure class to a 13 year old.

My personal favourite was one in the 79-80 promotion season. It was spring 1980 I think and it was in a thrashing of somebody. TC waltzed around the Keeper, slow walked the ball in to the net before swinging on the back of the net bang in front of us on the leppings lane. Pure class to a 13 year old.

Could have been against Rotherham 5-0