What's your memories of TERRY CURRAN ?

Guest Gazzaswfc

What a great character and a great player for Wednesday. I'm glad I was around to see him play for us.

My fondest memory of him was down at Hillsborough vs West Ham Utd, and who was their left full back to mark T.C. that day?.......non other than the legendary hard man Julian wee pipe's, who I might add, could play a bit also.

T.C. was unplayable that day and ran wee pipe's ragged all afternoon. So much so, there was one instance where T.C. left him for dead and then waited with his foot on the ball for wee pipe's to get back in position, only to beat him yet again.How on earth T.C. wasn't broken in two by wee pipe's that day I'll never know,as he was forever getting sent off for those types of tackles.

It's pretty similar to what we see at home now from our wingers..............

Easily in my top 5 of exciting, creative players seen in the blue and white - that 79/80 season in the 3rd Division he was an irresistable force and pretty good the season after that before it all went a bit bobbar.  A pure entertainer and slightly bonkers too at times - they called them mavericks then and the game seemed full of them but those qualities seem to be 'coached' out of players nowawdays.

Terry Curran saved us

We were going nowhere in the third division

When we approached him, he told us he would sign for us as soon as he'd appeared in a league cup semi with Southampton

The word "Legend" is often overused

But Curran was a legend

If he was around today, he would be our best player by miles

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Class player, very talented on the ball.

Remember the goal he scored when he rounded the keeper, stopped the ball on the goal line, got down on his hands and knees, and had time to knock it over the line with his head.

Nearly had his head kicked off his shoulders mind! lol

Was it vs Grimsby? Can't recall.

Walking round Tesco about 6 weeks ago, that's my last memory of him. Proper gent, always has time for you when you bump in to him.

This, always got time to chat unlike Hirst, a true wednesdayite who always wanted to play for his boyhood team that's why he dropped two leagues to come to us and we never looked back. He was head and shoulders above any other player in that league that year god could we do with someone like him now. 

What a great character and a great player for Wednesday. I'm glad I was around to see him play for us.

My fondest memory of him was down at Hillsborough vs West Ham Utd, and who was their left full back to mark T.C. that day?.......non other than the legendary hard man Julian wee pipe's, who I might add, could play a bit also.

T.C. was unplayable that day and ran wee pipe's ragged all afternoon. So much so, there was one instance where T.C. left him for dead and then waited with his foot on the ball for wee pipe's to get back in position, only to beat him yet again.How on earth T.C. wasn't broken in two by wee pipe's that day I'll never know,as he was forever getting sent off for those types of tackles.

I'll stand corrected but Curran never played against Julian D icks. I think you may be getting your wingers mixed up.

Guest minsk owl

I'll stand corrected but Curran never played against Julian D icks. I think you may be getting your wingers mixed up.

this

Edited by minsk owl

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Just simply one of my all time heroes...

Marvellous player and very very loyal. Could have made much more for himself if he'd moved on earlier...

Guest Willie Henderson

Be forever remembered for that goal at the lane for me which just happened to be on match of the day, great entertainer, skilful and far too good for the old Div. 3 and was very good in the league above aswell!

One thing that stained it all was him signing for that lot, hard to understand why when he was hero worshipped at Wednesday!

Guest Deleted member

My best memory is of the goal at the Lane, I was on the United end (me and a few thousand other Wednesdayites) and we all went completely barmy when he scored.

Sadly, my 2nd best memory is being at a reserve game at Hillsborough on a Tuesday night when it was announced he'd signed for United.

Couldn't believe it, was genuinely gutted

J.D didn't play for West Ham until about 88 so it can't have been him. in fact he's only 46.