How do you rate Stevie May (out of 10)

How do you rate Stevie May (out of 10)  

171 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate Stevie May (out of 10)

Lets split it down into the categories the OP mentions..

Performance, 5-6, not surprisingly he's still adjusting.

Goals, 4 but he's not had great service.

Attitude, 8 he's a trier who works hard closing down defenders. He might be better concentrating on scoring but he is probably following the managers instructions so you can't blame the lad.

Potential, 8-9. he's still young.

Attitude, 8 he's a trier who works hard closing down defenders. He might be better concentrating on scoring but he is probably following the managers instructions so you can't blame the lad.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SPLIT IT AT ALL

PLEASE DO NOT SPLIT THE SCORES LIKE THAT

YOU CAN NOT SPLIT THE SCORES

Owlstalk Shop

Service?  Good players make goals themselves.  Is our "strike force" capable of making use of the service they get or do they get to easily pushed out of the way, fail to jump high enough for headers? Or are they not reading the game and missing out on opportunities?

Where as I agree that May in particular is playing out of position, he has not come close to living up to the hype which surrounded him when he first signed.  Sadly I fear that he is going be another addition to the poor set of strikers we have at the moment.

I wouldn't let Nuhiu and Madine on the pitch and would be looking to off load them.  

Maguire needs to shape up and Lavery once from injury needs to quickly get in the scoring groove.

Non of our strike force are saleable assets and the club should be doing all in their power to rectify this situation 

I think you are 100% spot on Mycroft. A creative midfielder is not an excuse for the strikers missing open goalmouths form 10yds and feeble headers and kicks from inside the 6 yd box.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SPLIT IT AT ALL

PLEASE DO NOT SPLIT THE SCORES LIKE THAT

YOU CAN NOT SPLIT THE SCORES

I already did. I march to the sound of a different drum.

Your OP is too simplistic...it's to be expected I suppose. :tongue:

Messi would've score goals for us as the service is appalling. Its ok saying he should make goals for himself but he's very rarely near the goal because he is either out wide or we play far too deep as a unit. Most great strikers are goal poachers in the penalty box its not very often we get near the opponents box. Also look how many decent crosses we get in from the bye line? I cannot score him at the moment until we start playing attacking positive football again.

yep I would go with that.