How do you rate Stevie May (out of 10)

How do you rate Stevie May (out of 10)  

171 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate Stevie May (out of 10)

I'm sorry but this poll is way too early, let's judge May when we see him getting some proper service - I don't care if it's May, Nuhiu or Assombalonga playing striker for us, you couldn't give any of them anything above 6 because they've had absolutely no service with which to showcase their talents. May is the sort of striker who comes alive around the box, give him the ball in an ok position and he'll do the rest. The thing is, our midfielders are completely incapable of giving May the ball in an at all decent position, despite him showing the intelligence to find space. To me it's pointless to cast judgement on his ability just yet.

Guest justcraig

I'm sorry but this poll is way too early, let's judge May when we see him getting some proper service - I don't care if it's May, Nuhiu or Assombalonga playing striker for us, you couldn't give any of them anything above 6 because they've had absolutely no service with which to showcase their talents. May is the sort of striker who comes alive around the box, give him the ball in an ok position and he'll do the rest. The thing is, our midfielders are completely incapable of giving May the ball in an at all decent position, despite him showing the intelligence to find space. To me it's pointless to cast judgement on his ability just yet.

If you don't verbally attack and slate our new signings withing 10 games or happily clap their 1 goal in 345 games as they 'run' alot, then you can't be a real weds fan! lol lol lol lol

Put him in to a decent team, that functions as an attacking unit and he will score plenty at this level.

He came here for the money according to fatso,it has been a mistake for the progress of his career ,

only when he gets the service,and is allowed to save his energy for goalscoring areas of the pitch

can he be judged. 6btw

In terms of how he has done so far I would give him a 2-4, but in terms of his skill, effort and how committed he is, easily an 8.

Being at Wednesday he needs to take every one of the few chances he has.

I think he is too nice in a way because he always gives others a chance to score rather than taking it on himself, which he needs to do as our main striker.

Best of luck to him though, hopefully by January he would have fully settled in!

Put him in to a decent team, that functions as an attacking unit and he will score plenty at this level.

He came here for the money according to fatso,it has been a mistake for the progress of his career ,

only when he gets the service,and is allowed to save his energy for goalscoring areas of the pitch

can he be judged. 6btw

Service?  Good players make goals themselves.  Is our "strike force" capable of making use of the service they get or do they get to easily pushed out of the way, fail to jump high enough for headers? Or are they not reading the game and missing out on opportunities?

Where as I agree that May in particular is playing out of position, he has not come close to living up to the hype which surrounded him when he first signed.  Sadly I fear that he is going be another addition to the poor set of strikers we have at the moment.

I wouldn't let Nuhiu and Madine on the pitch and would be looking to off load them.  

Maguire needs to shape up and Lavery once from injury needs to quickly get in the scoring groove.

Non of our strike force are saleable assets and the club should be doing all in their power to rectify this situation