Why don't Wednesday fans grow up.

I'll set a challenge to anyone. Show me some proof that United are giving away 3,000 tickets per match to kids. I know people in the ticket office and it's simply untrue. United (unlike Wednesday) have not had any cat C matches, no kid a quid and no family deals.

It was £28 in the South stand, family stand and corner stand yesterday.

My theory on Wednesdays poor gates is that there is a breaking point on admission charges.

United dearest ticket is quite expensive (not much cheaper than SW)but the Kop prices are £19 (far cheaper) for most games.

Wednesday cheapest ticket prices in the Kop are over the limit that people can afford (if the product is poor) and thankfully fans have said enough is enough.

£18 on kop isn't it?? I'm sure my mate says he pays this.

Like I said in my previous post, you've attracted a few fans back after last seasons cup run and form over second half of season.

Some Atts were around 15,000 this time last season.

You will lose these fans once again if you don't go up this season.

I'll set a challenge to anyone. Show me some proof that United are giving away 3,000 tickets per match to kids. I know people in the ticket office and it's simply untrue. United (unlike Wednesday) have not had any cat C matches, no kid a quid and no family deals.

My theory on Wednesdays poor gates is that there is a breaking point on admission charges.

United dearest ticket is quite expensive (not much cheaper than SW)but the Kop prices are £19 (far cheaper) for most games.

Wednesday cheapest ticket prices in the Kop are over the limit that people can afford (if the product is poor) and thankfully fans have said enough is enough.

Go away grunter

Alright Michael Fish chill out

I've got a season ticket but have to say wind speed is the first thing i check on before leaving for a game. The 25mph winds that he spoke of for the Yeovil game would have been bearable but anything over 26mph..........

I've got a season ticket but have to say wind speed is the first thing i check on before leaving for a game. The 25mph winds that he spoke of for the Yeovil game would have been bearable but anything over 26mph..........

Me too.

A boy died in 26mph winds once

Probably, but only just.

Their attendances are impressive this season. Hats off to them.

UTO :biggrin:

agree

they are probably level with us at the moment crowdwise

impressive after 4 seasons...is it... in League 1

i know they give away a lot, but its still bums on seats

Mods.get these pathetic Grunters off our messageboard before the smell becomes overbearing. :wacko:  :wacko:  :ph34r:

Wednesday and their fabled big support? Ok let's play the game.

Don't Wednesday give away 5,000 free tickets every match?

That's the rumour I heard do it must be true. Do you realise how boring it is.

When I mention to a Wednesday fan at work that there was only 18,000 at Hillsboro he almost cries and swears blind that SWFC are really getting 24K every match but fiddling the tax man. He just won't accept that United might be getting bigger gates, it seems to be the raisin d'être for many SW fans. Why?

The reason why Wednesday gates are so poor is that the cheapest ticket is too expensive.

Fans need choice, some can afford to pay £28 a match but others can only afford £20.

Wednesday are trying to entice fans by having deals most weeks and advertising on cheap tickets on living social.

If it was £20 on the Kop in the first place then deals wouldn't be needed as much.

Wednesday and their fabled big support? Ok let's play the game.

Don't Wednesday give away 5,000 free tickets every match?

That's the rumour I heard do it must be true. Do you realise how boring it is.

When I mention to a Wednesday fan at work that there was only 18,000 at Hillsboro he almost cries and swears blind that SWFC are really getting 24K every match but fiddling the tax man. He just won't accept that United might be getting bigger gates, it seems to be the raisin d'être for many SW fans. Why?

The reason why Wednesday gates are so poor is that the cheapest ticket is too expensive.

Fans need choice, some can afford to pay £28 a match but others can only afford £20.

Wednesday are trying to entice fans by having deals most weeks and advertising on cheap tickets on living social.

If it was £20 on the Kop in the first place then deals wouldn't be needed as much.

But your not though are you??

your closing the gap ( :biggrin: the gap) maybe, but i dont think you been getting bigger gates...

off the top of my head weve had 7 games - 1 at 18k, 4 at nearly 21k, 1 over 25k and 1 just a tad under 30k.... 

in our next 2 home games, 1 will be similar to the worst so far and one will be close to the best so far......

remind me what youve had again???

Not surprising really given that The Football League have arranged league games to be on the same night as the Champions League and therefore the attendances take a big hit.

i cant believe any fan would prefer to watch a champions league game when his own club is playing .....it costs to much ,we are playing crap,i can understand but to say i aint going coz real madrid are on the box is beyond my comprehension .

i cant believe any fan would prefer to watch a champions league game when his own club is playing .....it costs to much ,we are playing crap,i can understand but to say i aint going coz real madrid are on the box is beyond my comprehension .

well said, if you'd rather watch liverpool v real on the box than go and support your own team then you've got a problem.

Also, welcome back Whitey, have missed our yearly wins against you lot :biggrin:

Edited by CoDSW3

There are several factors I think,one of the biggest factor being their form at end of last season in the league,cup run etc. The untruths about the 10 bob prince putting in "Liverpool " type funding,keeping ALL their best players etc.etc .So many idiots fell for all the lies and bought season tickets.When will they ever learn. Funny though that our fans generally believe nowt till they actually see it happen,

But your not though are you??

your closing the gap ( :biggrin: the gap) maybe, but i dont think you been getting bigger gates...

off the top of my head weve had 7 games - 1 at 18k, 4 at nearly 21k, 1 over 25k and 1 just a tad under 30k.... 

in our next 2 home games, 1 will be similar to the worst so far and one will be close to the best so far......

remind me what youve had again???

come on shefsteel, tell me... are utd getting bigger gates? its a yes or no answer.........

come on shefsteel, tell me... are utd getting bigger gates? its a yes or no answer.........

Can I answer?? Over the season definitely not, we might get odd 18 or 19,000 but most attendances are over 20,000. Blunts will be lucky to get 3 games where it tops 20,000.

On recent par for par games they are at least equalling us I reckon if the away following is taken into consideration.

but are they tho? genuine question by the way? ive  put our 7 attendances up in a previous post, now i want the united fan who said they have better gates to PROVE IT, 

FWIW ive replied because i dont believe its correct that they are equalling us.... even taking into account 1000s of freebies and lesser away fans at the stain...

but are they tho? genuine question by the way? ive put our 7 attendances up in a previous post, now i want the united fan who said they have better gates to PROVE IT,

FWIW ive replied because i dont believe its correct that they are equalling us.... even taking into account 1000s of freebies and lesser away fans at the stain...

They're averaging around 19000 I think. So probably around 18500 home fans which with the exception of reading is around ours I think. Take the Yeovil game. Will we equal that tomorrow? I hope so, but doubt it.

Then take the barnsley game. Will we equal that on Saturday even with more away fans?

Again, I doubt it.

Edited by archieswfc