Barnsley took 3,000 so 21,000+ for their biggest game of season.

Rotherham have sold over 4,000 so we should get over 27,000 for this one.

I'm more worried about turn out on Tuesday, Bournemouth should bring more than usual but this will probably be well under 1,000.

Can't see total attendance being more than 18,000.

United give away thousands of tickets every home game to kids, students get in for next to nowt, and many adult pigs get in with children's tickets due to the automated turnstiles at the lane

Good crowds, but their gate receipts must be very poor

Could be wrong but I don't think there were any free tickets distributed for yesterdays game (I mean not the block 2,000 that is being suggested)

Free tickets are usually given out for the Bramall Lane upper tier, or the Westfield corner and usually when it's a cat C game when very few visiting supporters attend. Occasionally H block in the South Stand is used as well

However, as both the upper and lower tier was given to Barnsley and the Westfield corner was not used due to segregation, this was not the case

This was a cat A game, a local derby and I don't see it making too much sense to give out 2,000 free tickets. I'm not saying there aren't some freebies knocking around, as there is for most games and most clubs, but not the intention of giving them out wholesale as some might suggest

On their website they had sold 4000 on Wednesday with a few hundred left

Same old debate but why have they only got around 4400 tickets when the West holds more that that

Across the country games go ahead with lines of stewards separating fans. at Man city today it will be the case and for the return fixture at old Trafford there will be 76000 with about 3/4000 away fans not the 26000 we will probably get. Same old debate but why can't our Police ir safer commitees not handle having relatively small crowds when other forces manage could thes in a regular basis

Been working in Warrington all week and one of the lads in the office is a season ticket holder at Man U.

He was saying that City have given them around 3k tickets for todays game and Utd had 37,000 people apply for them!!

United give away thousands of tickets every home game to kids, students get in for next to nowt, and many adult pigs get in with children's tickets due to the automated turnstiles at the lane

Good crowds, but their gate receipts must be very poor

As per the student prices, there isnt much in it between the two clubs. At the Sheffield Hallam Students Union, there are massive posters - united tickets on offer for £7, and a Wednesday one (which advertises quite clearly that it's the only place in Sheffield to watch championship football) for £9

why all the interest in the pigs all the time?...

the number of people on here concerned with a team not even in our division beats me...

it's small time, and needs dropping off...

remember big jacks words "they need us, we don't need them"...

their existence is down to SWFC, and the need to stop gypo's camping on the cricket ground in winter...

leave them to wither, and die off, they are nothing without any attention...

We were only given 2,800 tickets for some reason, and then another 500 to purchase at the United ticket office from 1.30pm on the day. I've no idea why we were again given such a strange amount. It was the same in 2011 when we waved them off to L1. I'm not suggesting that had we been given the entire stand that we'd have sold them all on this occasion, but I did find it amusing arguing with Blunts over the weekend who kept calling us tinpot for 'only' selling 2,800 tickets. The fact their club only gave us 2,800 tickets seemed a lost concept to them. 

A few things whilst am here.... 

The Blunts deserve credit for the wonderful poppy image their supporters created on the kop. And the minutes silence was impeccably observed by all, you could hear a pin drop. However, I don't know why the Blunts thought the silence was a 95 minute thing. 

Their team isn't very good. 

The amount of police in riot gear yesterday around the city had me thinking I was in some kind of war zone. But I didn't see any trouble of note and fair play to both sets of supporters for that. I drank in a United pub with United fans and enjoyed it. 

Even despite the Leppings Lane end, I still prefer Hillsborough as a place to watch football. 

As much as I detest United, as I've said before I still view Wednesday as the one team I want us to beat the most. And thus I look forward to us one day being in the same division again so I can make yesterday's journey to the bright lights again but not to see us not lose in S2, but to see us lose in another gut wrenching manner in S6. Unfortunately, I don't see us being promoted this season and neither do I see Wednesday being relegated. 

Viewing from afar, it's been a good, solid start for you lot this season. Tight at the back, Westwood from what I've seen looks an absolute star int net and once again you're only lacking really in creativity and finishing. A Conor Wickham esque recruit up top or a Chris Waddle out wide and who knows, eh? Shítter sides have been promoted recently. Look at Burnley. 

Thanks for reading, I do miss you all.  :danny-wilson:

'This Is What It's Like To Be Barnsley' 

'This Is What It's Like To Be Small' 

'You Sign A Rapist' 

'We Signed Sam Winnall, Sam Winnall, Sam Winnall...' 

Tuesday night is going to be a very cold night with temperatures expected to be around  0 C to -2 C plus you've got Champions League games on the same night.So therefore  people are going to watch Real Madrid v Liverpool in the comfort of a nice warm living room instead of watching another 90 mins of utter dross at S6 on a cold freezing Tues night. :wacko:  :wacko:

Tuesday night is going to be a very cold night with temperatures expected to be around 0 C to -2 C plus you've got Champions League games on the same night.So therefore people are going to watch Real Madrid v Liverpool in the comfort of a nice warm living room instead of watching another 90 mins of utter dross at S6 on a cold freezing Tues night. :wacko::wacko:

Ooooh that's it you've convinced me

Im not going

Does anyone want my ticket for £28?